1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D-tuner for Jaguar?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Inflin, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Inflin

Inflin

Apr 30, 2007
    Newcastle, UK/Currently London
    Affiliated with Genelec, Avalon Design.
    Looking to order a couple of these for my Jags and I was just wondering, which model fits most consistently with the stock Jag tuners?

Looking at the hipshot site, the BT2 seems to look right to me, and it does say it's also for a Geddy neck, which I believe uses the same tuners as the jag? I know the neck is practically the same.

So does anyone have first hand experience fitting this to a Jag, or at least know if the same tuners are used on the Geddy?

Would just like some peace of mind before ordering!

Thanks.

2. Billw97

Billw97

Feb 4, 2005
    Hipshot Tech
    Hey!
    That's the Extender you'll need. It's the same as the one used on the Geddy bass.

Bill

3. generation land

generation land

Dec 9, 2007
    I found this guy to be cheaper and fast shipping. I went ahead and got three HB6C UL Ultra Light tuners and the BT2 drop D extender. It took about 1 pound off of the end of the neck. Helped with the neck dive issue.

www.tkinstruments.com/id157.htm

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, BT-2 is the way to go.