1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

D-tuners on Cirrus

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dudemeister, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Hi,
    I play in a band where me and my brother write all the songs. He plays the guitar and keeps writing drop-D songs all the time and I often write regular tuned songs so I'm a bit interested in a Hipshot D-tuner.
    Will it fit on my 4-string Peavey Cirrus?

2. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    yes in fact i have seem some peaveys that come with d-tuners stock.

3. Yup. I don't have a cirrus in front of me (but I wish I did...'nother story) but it'll prolly be this one[​IMG]

I think the peavey C's use a GB7 clone, so it'll prolly be a direct drop in. I've seen some millenium pluses with the D-tuners.

Hipshot Website

4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I've recently acquired a Cirrus 6 (used/via BassGear.com) and I need a D-tuner (I use a low A sometimes) but my old Schaller one (from my Spector) doesn't quite match. There is no Peavey dealer in Las Vegas at present. Does anyone know where I good get one by mail?

Also, Even though the neck is almost perfectly straight (almost no relief) I had to do some modifications to the C-string saddle (metal grinder) to get it to go down far enough for low enough action in the higher positions. Everything is great now but I was surprised I had to do this. Has anyone else out there had a similar problem with their Cirrus?

5. Do they only come in silver or are there gold tuners to?