1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D-tuners

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Smerbass, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Smerbass

Smerbass

Mar 20, 2009
    Hey, could you tell me if does exist D-tuners for yamaha?

2. XylemBassGuitar

XylemBassGuitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 14, 2008
    Durango, CO
    Owner and Operator, Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars
    I'm pretty sure that there aren't any D-tuners made by Yamaha itself, but you could probably get a D-tuner from Hipshot that would fit your Yamaha. Just take out a tuner, measure the diameter of the hole and compare the measurement to the specs of one of Hipshots D-tuner on their website.

If the Hipshot D-tuner is a little too big for the hole in your Yamaha's peghead, it is fairly simple to either ream the hole bigger yourself (I'd recommend buying a nice peghead reamer for that job) or taking it to a luthier so they can ream the hole larger...

If the hole in your Yamaha's peghead is bigger than the D-tuner, you could plug the hole and re-drill it, but this is more complicated and you may want a luthier to do the operation.

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=6

Jst go the the source. If they don't have one that looks right, call them (it's easier than e-mailing them in my experience) and tell them what you have.

When they first came out, I know Hipshot made one for Yamaha as we sold two of them to customers.

jte

4. Smerbass

Smerbass

Mar 20, 2009
    Hm i dont know if does exist for my yamaha rbx4A2. but i will try, thanks guys =P

5. S Sanders

S Sanders

Feb 15, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    It never hurts to ask them. Just yesterday I emailed the guys at Hipshot to ask which D Tuner would fit my bass and had an email response by the time I got home from work.

6. Jason Ungleich

Jason Ungleich Hipshot Products

Aug 5, 2004
    The GB7 will fit your RBX4A2.