Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick man, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yesterday was an incredible day! It was one of those you wish you could have everyday.

Well first off, I had school. Pretty basic day except everyone was talking about the fact that they were gonna go to the school's welcome dance my band was playing at!

Well after school, we went to Wendy's and then home to relax and get ready for the nights gig.

Here's when It gets really good, just as Im about to leave to the guitarist house, I see "The Brown Truck" comming down the street!

Out of the back of that beautiful piece of automotive engineering comes my brand new D210 XST!

God bless you Gard!

I cant thank you enough for getting the cab to me before the gig despite the fact I was so late with my order! I will be using this beatiful piece of equipmet for years to come!

I cant believe the price you gave me, I looked around, and with the shipping and everything else factored in, I couldnt have done better! Some came close, but you did what you could to make sure you gave me the better deal, and for that I love you!

Well now comes the review.

I didnt really push the cab last night as it says that you should break it in first with a couple hours of low to medium volume playing to get the coils to "seat" themselves properly, but to tell you the truth, I didnt need to!

I was playing through my Nemsis 2-10 combo and the 210 XST. Ive never had any major complaints with the 2-10 besides the fact that at very high volumes, it can fart out on the lower notes of my B. I basically thought that this 2-10 was just going to solve that problem and be an early start on the building of my next rig (probably a WT-550 and 212XLT are next).

The cab did so much more! It really added so much to my sound, I never realized how much I was missing out on untill last night! The low end was INCREDIBLE!!!! I usually dont use my B too much, but last night I decided I would really use it as much as possible just because of the sound I was getting.

Every note was clear and undistorted. I reminded me off the low end I got from my 2-15 cab, except it was 10 times tighter more articluate which really helped bring-out my playing.

After the gig I had so many compliments on my playing and tone. Alot of people told me that I was much better than the last bassist and how they really liked my sound. Honestly, I dont think they wouldve noticed had I been playing through anything else.

Im confident I made the right choice in both the cab and the shop.

Thanks again Gard!

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I have no friends......:(

(Maybe pitty will bring people to respond and share my joy!!)

3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nah man, we're all just jealous. :) I know I am. I really want a 210XST baaaaad.

brad cook
  4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It doenst have to be taken word for word.

Point is, this man is THE MAN.

6. Gotta love Eden. I know I'm not changing my cabs anytime soon!!!
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I can't wait to get a D210XST to use with my Metro.:)
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I was actually thinking of you when I was posting orrigionally.

I remember you saying you were gonna get one to go with that metro, and all I could think was "mmmm... sweettt..."

You'll love it bro.

9. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    I dig mine. Very punchy low-end.
  10. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA

Since I got a 410XST from you I must love you twice as much as Nick Man.

A Very Kick A$$ cabinet. Highly recommended as are Gard and Bass Central. The Lowdown on the Lowend!

11. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    ive heard a lot about him but who is gard?
  12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...he's a figment of your imagination...

...or your worst nightmare!

14. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    How do these cabs sound different than the d210xlts? What frequency are they rated down to?

How much did it set you back?
  15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    The XST cabs are flatter in response than the XLT's (no pronounced low-mid "hump"), and are rated flat to 30 hz ( :eek: ), where the XLT is rated to 48 hz.

They retail for $950, and if you want a price feel free to PM or e-mail me, I can't post prices!

Judy (Mrs. Eden) told me a story about David testing it in their sound room and fearing it was going to tear itself apart. She could hear the "boom" from it outside the building, through heavy sound insulation.

Big thunder in a small box....:D
  16. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

The Eden sight I got to doesnt have the 210 xst but it does have the 410 it rates

+/- 2db 36hz to 13khz -6db @ 31hz

:D nice but its not "flat to 30hz"

Does the frequncy responce of the 410 reflect the 210?

Dementions ?,wieght? Does it use the same tweeter that the XLT has?Have you heard a double bass through it?

17. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Hey Gard,

How do the XST's compare with Epifani and Bergantino? They seem VERY nice.
  18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    AJ -

I'm quoting Judy Nordschow, but I may have misunderstood her, or she may have been mistaken. Based on my experience - neither has happened, Judy knows her stuff (she is married to the guy that designs the stuff! ;) ), and my hearing is pretty good still despite all the abuse I've heaped upon it. If you wish, I can check with the Eden folks to confirm the specs on the 210 vs the 410 XST's. I can tell you this: To my ears, the 210 is actually deeper than the 410!!! :eek:

Don't make sense, but there it is...

As for weight and dimensions, they are very similar to the D210T cabinets, just a few pounds heavier.
  19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA

They compare very well. I won't say one is better than the other....

....but, I had the opportunity to hear all three under the same circumstances. I bought the one I liked best. That doesn't mean that anyone would agree with me though....