D210XLT vs. 410XLT...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wattoosi, Dec 18, 2001.

1. I know I'll get accused of being indecisive... but aside from mainly output, are there any huge differences in tone between these Eden cabs? I have heard the 210, and found it 2b sweet, the only reason I'm looking at the 410 is because of all the raves about it. Since I'm not going to be playing out too much, the 210 might just do it. Looking for that warm "hi-fi" sound with a tight bottom end. Tnx again for all the great help!
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I use one or two D210XLTs live and they work at pretty high volume. What you should buy depends on your budget and what you think your needs will truly be... how loud do you think you'll need to be (doesn't matter how often... needing more than you have once will suck;)), how much are you willing to carry around, etc.
  3. I also use a pair of 210XLTs.Tone wise they are pretty close but not volume wise.If you can get only one cabinet the 410 would be the best choice.One 410XLT will handle about any gig.
  4. okay, cool, thanks! the 210 I demo-ed did really well. we were in a small-mid room (3 guitars, drummer) and when we have played out, the subs in the house system carry it and my rig functions only as a bass-stage monitor. also, i'm not relishing the thought of lugging around a 98 lb cab a la the 410!
  5. I have both the 210xlt and the 410xlt. I normally use the 210 at smaller venues, the 410 at medium size places and combine the two at larger venues (haven't had to do that a whole lot lately).

The 410 definitely has more dimension and presence to it but the 210 is great for what it is -- a cabinet that can handle a lot of volume in a more compact package.

If your asking the question which is for you, it may be better to go with the 210. You can always add another 210 or 410 later. I can tell you the 410 is a pain in the ass to haul around although the castor wheels help a lot.;)
  6. great advice, thanks :) what I'm really after is rock solid, tight, punchy bottom end. the 410 specs out a few hz lower at the low end and 2db more efficient. 2db is something but is not going to be a huge factor for me. anyway, i've seen some good used 210's around for about $400 which better fits my limited budget at this point!
  7. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    No one mentioned one factor which made a big difference to me. Size and weight. Have you tried picking up the 4-10XLT and putting into your car? 9.99 time out of 10, I'll be hauling my gear all by myself.

I bought two 2-10XLT cabs because they're easier to pick up and carry. The 4-10 can present a problem due to its heavier weight and cumbersome dimensions - which make it more difficult to pick up for one person.

Actually, I bought first one sometime back, and then bought the second after a few gigs.

BTW, Sound and tone was also a factor that I considered.
  8. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    If money is not a factor and you don't mind the extra weight I would ask "Why would you NOT get the 410?" The 410 has a much deeper and projective sound. You can get the 410 to sound like a 210 but you can't get a 210 to sound like a 410. Don't get me wrong, the Eden 210 is a great cab but it's not the 410. If money and weight are not issues it's a no brainer...get the 410. But if they are issues then get the 210. I use an Eden 410XLT for every gig...small, medium and large rooms. I have no need for a 210.
  9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I have a 410-XLT and I can play pretty much any gig with it. I don't think I could say the same if I had a 210-XLT. But you mentioned you have PA support, which I don't, so you might be fine with just a 210.
  10. i have a 410, it fits in the back of my 86 mustang along with my bass and WT400 head, and i can load and unload it by myself. yeah it's heavy but it's not impossible to move. just work out a bit :)
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My answer is exactly the same as Bassin's ... except that part about those chickens.
  12. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Since I'm very good at spending other people's money, I will give you the cold, unvarnished truth: you need BOTH!!!

Great cabs, agree with Munji, et al.
  13. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    2 D410XLTs would whoop. Ooooh, I get goosebumps thinking about it. :D
  14. I have recently purchased the D410XLT and think it sounds superb. I wouldn't swap it for anything now.

Before this I tried gigging with a D210XLT and a D118XL but decided to swap this combination for the 410 and I am so glad I did.

I never gigged with the D210XLT on its own, I either used it with the D118XL which did sound very good, or with a Hartke 210. This latter sound was awful. I believe it sounded OK out front, but I found it horribly trebly, piercing and I couldn't 'hear' anything other than my bass. It was one of the worst nights ever.

I was reluctant about the weight as I am unable to lift it myself, but my other half (bless him!) prefers shifting one cab to two, and the casters are very good. It also takes up less space in the car. (We have to get his gear in too). I also like the fact that it looks less showy but really packs a punch!

Some of our regular gig goers commented on how great the new cab sounded and how it made them rumble...... and we all thought no-one noticed the bass!

I think the D410XLT has a much richer rounder sound than the D210XLT, but I guess only you can make the decision. Good luck!