1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

d'addario chromes & 35" scale

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dougray, Nov 29, 2004.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    will d'addario chromes "long scale" fit a 35"scale bass(strung thru bridge of course)... the bass is lakland.
    thanx.

2. dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    ok, i just visited d'addario's site,they say the long scale will fit 34"-36" scale. so these should work..?...

3. i just looked at the BP String Thing and they say that the Chromes are 36.25" long.i'd say that the stringing through the bridge would take up another " after the 35" which would proceed to leave you 1/4" not alot to wrap around posts if its a straight 4 peg set up or even a 2+2. i'd try to find longer ones

4. dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    thanx for reply,i thought i would be able to pick up a set from a local shop and give them a try,but after reading above post,i'll order the superlongs from the internet. :bassist:

5. DaPhotoGuy

DaPhotoGuy

Jun 15, 2004
    Omaha, NE
    I will second that. I JUST tried to put them on my 35" scale Peavey Grind and they DO NOT FIT. The winding is about 1/4" short of the nut. SOB!!!!!! NOW what do I do with a brand new set of strings that DON'T FIT. F&#K.

6. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    I will third that. They did NOT fit my 35" MTD Heir. Non returnable item. $40.00 lesson. Apparently you need the Super Longs.