Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

d'addario chromes & 35" scale

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dougray, Nov 29, 2004.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    will d'addario Chromes "long scale" fit a 35"scale bass(strung thru bridge of course)... the bass is lakland.
    thanx.

2. dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    ok, i just visited d'addario's site,they say the long scale will fit 34"-36" scale. so these should work..?...

3. i just looked at the BP String Thing and they say that the Chromes are 36.25" long.i'd say that the stringing through the bridge would take up another " after the 35" which would proceed to leave you 1/4" not alot to wrap around posts if its a straight 4 peg set up or even a 2+2. i'd try to find longer ones

4. dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    thanx for reply,i thought i would be able to pick up a set from a local shop and give them a try,but after reading above post,i'll order the superlongs from the internet. :bassist:

5. DaPhotoGuy

DaPhotoGuy

Jun 15, 2004
    Omaha, NE
    I will second that. I JUST tried to put them on my 35" scale Peavey Grind and they DO NOT FIT. The winding is about 1/4" short of the nut. SOB!!!!!! NOW what do I do with a brand new set of strings that DON'T FIT. F&#K.

6. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    I will third that. They did NOT fit my 35" MTD Heir. Non returnable item. $40.00 lesson. Apparently you need the Super Longs.