D'Addario Customer Support

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sammy Camden, Jul 19, 2001.

1. I recently put a set of D'Addario Chrome flats on my RB-5 (I'm a flatwound lover). Well, all was great except for the B-string. It had some weird harmonics and just in general sounded muddy. The rounds that were on there before were as clear as you could want. I took the bass to my luthier to check it out, make some minor adjustments and see if he could find the problem with the string. Nope. All was well with the bass, but he couldn't get the muddy sound and harmonics out.

So, I returned the string to D'Addario to have them evaluate it and send me a new one. I was simply asking them to replace the "B", not the set. Gentlemen, and Ladies, they sent me a whole new 5-string replacement set, FREE!

I gotta say that it was far beyond what I expected. I had heard they were good to their customers, but this was just great.

I haven't put the new strings on yet, but will tonight. I'll report back as to how well they worked.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

DR strings has followed the "new set" replacement practice as long as I can remember them being around.

It's great when they compete in our favor.....except now what are you left with? One new string and the old ones, or all new strings and an incomplete set of spares :rolleyes: