Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D'Addario EXP Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Ok, so one day I go to Guitar Center during this sale, and right before I walk out, I go and check out a box that says $5. I then found a pair of D'Addario EXP bass strings, and just buy it just because they were $5. Then a few days later, I visit my local patron private-owned music store and see that those strings I bought cost $60 or $70. I was like whoa! Why are these strings so great, I haven't put them on a bass yet, so I don't know what these strings are about. Are they much better than the cheaper D'Addario's I always get? Please tell me how good are they as far as sound goes, and how long do these strings last. Thanks. :bassist:

2. Those strings would have a very thin plastic coating similar to what the Elixirs have and will sound slightly duller than a regular round wound bass string but should last much longer so you got a great deal. Personally I think that these type of strings are way over priced and don't last long enough to justify the cost. After these companies make back their advertising and manufacturing costs for these type of strings the price should come down back to something more reasonable but thats just my opinion.

3. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Agreed.