Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D'addario Flats.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Malcom, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    Anybody tried these strings before? I like D'addario's enviromentally-friendly packaging, and my Rick sounds damn good with flatwound strings. I can't find them anywhere around here, so I'd have to order over the internet. Anybody have an opionion?

2. I've used D'Addario Chrome Flats on my BTB405. They are a fine string and offer a fairly bright tone for flatwound strings. I currently am using Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flats and I really like the TI's lower tension. Even though the TI's have a lower tension, they are not floppy, especially the low "B". Musician's Friend has a good selection of D'Addario strings. I purchased my TI flats from BigCityStrings online.

3. I like the D'Addarios quite well. I have them on my G&L SB-2 and they give some great classic Fender tones.

They do offer a bit more sustain than many flats and come in a variety of gauges (unlike the TI's - unless they have added more sets since I tried them).