1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

D'addario Flats.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Malcom, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Malcom

Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    Anybody tried these strings before? I like D'addario's enviromentally-friendly packaging, and my Rick sounds damn good with flatwound strings. I can't find them anywhere around here, so I'd have to order over the internet. Anybody have an opionion?

2. I've used D'Addario Chrome Flats on my BTB405. They are a fine string and offer a fairly bright tone for flatwound strings. I currently am using Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flats and I really like the TI's lower tension. Even though the TI's have a lower tension, they are not floppy, especially the low "B". Musician's Friend has a good selection of D'Addario strings. I purchased my TI flats from BigCityStrings online.

3. I like the D'Addarios quite well. I have them on my G&L SB-2 and they give some great classic Fender tones.

They do offer a bit more sustain than many flats and come in a variety of gauges (unlike the TI's - unless they have added more sets since I tried them).