D'addario Prism reveiw

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Aaron, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Now that I just broke the G, i guess i'll reveiw them.

Well, the first thing I noticed when i first put them on my hannewinckel was that the A was much floppier than the rest of the set. They are pretty loose feeling to me (i prefere medium-high tension). Tone-wise (this is IMO) they are very bright, too bright, and they are also thin sounding. I broke the G string today, and that I can only remember breaking one other string (but i beleive i broke an other at lease 7 years ago.) And that was on a set of strings that was older than dirt.

In conclusion, they were the worst set of strings (for me) i've ever played. I may have receive a set of lemons, but i'm not sure.
  2. I believe D'addarios have a warranty on them - tell them the strings are defective and in fact one already broke, they'll replace them.

Or maybe I"m thinking of their cables :)

TI Powerbass all the way!
  3. Sorry they didn't work out for you man. I personally love them, they have great tone and good tenstion on my Spector...but opinions very...i guess?:( he he. The only thing that pisses me off is I have to drive downtown for em' and pay 35 bucks a set
  4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Good tone, I liked them but talk about rough on the fingers!:eek: