Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D'addario Prism reveiw

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Aaron, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Now that I just broke the G, i guess i'll reveiw them.

Well, the first thing I noticed when i first put them on my hannewinckel was that the A was much floppier than the rest of the set. They are pretty loose feeling to me (i prefere medium-high tension). Tone-wise (this is IMO) they are very bright, too bright, and they are also thin sounding. I broke the G string today, and that I can only remember breaking one other string (but i beleive i broke an other at lease 7 years ago.) And that was on a set of strings that was older than dirt.

In conclusion, they were the worst set of strings (for me) i've ever played. I may have receive a set of lemons, but i'm not sure.

2. I believe D'addarios have a warranty on them - tell them the strings are defective and in fact one already broke, they'll replace them.

Or maybe I"m thinking of their cables :)

TI Powerbass all the way!

3. Sorry they didn't work out for you man. I personally love them, they have great tone and good tenstion on my Spector...but opinions very...i guess?:( he he. The only thing that pisses me off is I have to drive downtown for em' and pay 35 bucks a set

4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Good tone, I liked them but talk about rough on the fingers!:eek: