1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

D'Addario ProSteels Tapered B and Warwick Bass Compatibility

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 3alfa3, Jul 8, 2016.

1. 3alfa3

3alfa3

Mar 14, 2016
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Hi,
    could not find information if D'Addario ProSteels Tapered B goes nicely over Warwick 2 piece Bridge Saddle. To be more precise, i don't know about lenght of tapered portion and if it sits on the saddle as it should.
    Someone tried that String on Warwick?

Would like to try tapered B String because nontapered sounds quite different (muddy) than other strings.

Thanks in advance

2. I don't use a Warwick, but from what I've read, the tapered portion of the D'A B string is 1.75", or 1.825" including the second taper.

3. 3alfa3

3alfa3

Mar 14, 2016
    Zagreb, Croatia
    thanks
    This is with or without ball at the end?

4. 3alfa3

3alfa3

Mar 14, 2016
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Here it is.
    Tapered B D'Addario Prosteels, Long Scale, gauge 130 (PSB130T)
    Picture of String on Bass is after height and intonation setup

IMAG0156_zpslemxoyqv.jpg IMAG0155_zpsbxsf0hrm.jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  5. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    My older warwicks (98/2000) require taperwound b strings to even fit in the tailpiece. Otherwise I have to get creative with a file on the string (don't want to file the original gold hardware on the bass).

That looks just about right in the pic, should be fine.

6. 3alfa3

3alfa3

Mar 14, 2016
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Yes, it is OK and sounds better than nontapered 135 i had before (brand new, so comparison is fair).
    My Bass is new, from 2016, and nontapered B is not a problem, but that Prosteels B lacks definition in sound so i ordered tapered one and now is better (not ideal, but much better)

7. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here is the tapered ProSteel B on my Dolphin.

F2E244D0-2971-455F-AC6E-DAA52BBA7258_zps7rxhlw2l.jpg

LeifVernaculum likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021