Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D'Addario Slowounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I just restrung my new Fender American Jazz Deluxe V FMT with a set of Slowounds. I've used 'em before, and I like them, but they need a little finger oil on 'em. BOING BOING BOING BOING! I'm not a new string kind of guy. I like them about a year old.

Imagine it now, and respond to me later.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yep, after a month or so they really begin to shine. Very full and round tone. Mmm.

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I just bought my very first set of Slowounds, and I plan to slap them(pun intended) on tonight. So, I'll post a review month from now or so ;)

4. Yup, I had the same experience. They do get better after a few weeks, and last way longer than any other roundwound.

5. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Slowounds are a nice string and you're right about giving them some time. Right out of the box they are a little bit too lively.

6. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    IME, Slowounds don't sound overly bright out of the box at all. That's why I prefer them to other nickel-plated roundwounds. Nice, round tone right out of the box!