1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

D'Addario Slowounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I just restrung my new Fender American Jazz Deluxe V FMT with a set of Slowounds. I've used 'em before, and I like them, but they need a little finger oil on 'em. BOING BOING BOING BOING! I'm not a new string kind of guy. I like them about a year old.

Imagine it now, and respond to me later.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yep, after a month or so they really begin to shine. Very full and round tone. Mmm.

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I just bought my very first set of Slowounds, and I plan to slap them(pun intended) on tonight. So, I'll post a review month from now or so ;)

4. Yup, I had the same experience. They do get better after a few weeks, and last way longer than any other roundwound.

5. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Slowounds are a nice string and you're right about giving them some time. Right out of the box they are a little bit too lively.

6. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    IME, Slowounds don't sound overly bright out of the box at all. That's why I prefer them to other nickel-plated roundwounds. Nice, round tone right out of the box!