Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D'Addario vs. DR Handmade vs. Warwick

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Which would you say would sound best on my warwick? I'm leaning towards the D'Addario's b/c I used them most.. but I have to find the right gauges. Would the Warwick strings sound better on the Warwick than other brands?

2. ColForbs

ColForbs

Jul 21, 2001
    well...I guess it has to do w/ your personal tastes...I did not like the DR's or the Warwick strings. (I play a FNA 5)...my most recent set of strings are Ken Smith Rock Bottom(or something like that) md-light....these strings feel real good on the bass and sound great.

3. I love DR strings, they are great.
    I use hi-beams for all-around stuff and lo-riders for funk and slap stuff. Great tone and long life.
    The only bad thing about DR strings is the price.
    I talked to a session player who works where I get all my bass stuff and he say's that DR are probably the highest quality string but thay can cause you're wallet to take a beating.
    What do you play?
    If you're looking for a good metal sound go for the DR's. Ryknow from Mudvayne uses Hi-Beams with his Warick and it sounds unreal.