Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

D'addario XL 5's

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Mike, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Brand new, unopened pack of D'addario XL 5's. Will fit 35" scales no problem. Nickel wound, 45,65,80,100,130. I bought two sets and don't particularly care for them. Too bright for my ears. As mentioned, this pack is brand new and unopened.

$20.00 shipped thru the Postal Service. Paypal, Postal MO's or cashier's checks. Email me if you like. Paypal username is the below email address.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...9900044/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/100114/

Thx,

Mike
    mtp18@alltel.net

2. you know, i don't own a 5 string, so i can't buy these, but i've been using these strings for many years. they get a nice old school thump after a few months.
    :bassist:

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Sure you can, just subtract. ; )

They may but I'm caught somewhere between brightness and thump. Right now... too bright.

4. i would need to add one, not subtract one! :D

i have a mike lull 4 string but its wearing DR hi beams at the moment and i dig them on that bass. good luck!

5. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I stand corrected. :p