1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

D'addario XL 5's

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Mike, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Brand new, unopened pack of D'addario XL 5's. Will fit 35" scales no problem. Nickel wound, 45,65,80,100,130. I bought two sets and don't particularly care for them. Too bright for my ears. As mentioned, this pack is brand new and unopened.

$20.00 shipped thru the Postal Service. Paypal, Postal MO's or cashier's checks. Email me if you like. Paypal username is the below email address.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...9900044/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/100114/

Thx,

Mike
    mtp18@alltel.net

2. you know, i don't own a 5 string, so i can't buy these, but i've been using these strings for many years. they get a nice old school thump after a few months.
    :bassist:

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Sure you can, just subtract. ; )

They may but I'm caught somewhere between brightness and thump. Right now... too bright.

4. i would need to add one, not subtract one! :D

i have a mike lull 4 string but its wearing DR hi beams at the moment and i dig them on that bass. good luck!

5. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I stand corrected. :p