D'addario XL

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BernardJohnson, Feb 2, 2001.

1. BernardJohnson

Jan 9, 2001

Hey everybody,

I just left the Mars music store and picked up a set of
    D'addario XLs (45-105) nickel roundwound...I'm not sure what tone I'll get but I here that nickel is warm with a
    smooth feel.
    peace, BJ
  2. My favorites. I tell everybody to use them.

3. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    I like the EXL170's, which have a .130 B instead of .135. I'd like to try slowounds next time.
  4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I just put some 45-105s on my RIC 4003. Very nice!
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I bought a set of XLs and they went dead after 10 hours of playing. Not huge fan of them.
  6. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    What do you mean by dead? My strings were a little bright when I first put them on, but quickly evened out. Once they "go dead", the XL's have a very consistent warm tone, IMO.
  7. nekro

Jan 23, 2001
    I agree with that... I have played with Earnie Ball and a mix of other strings but I have found the XL's are IMO the best. I would also recommend these to anyone :)

Keep on Jammin

8. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I like 'em, too. Overall, very consistent strings with good tone and lasting power. You can find deals on 'em, too, like in the recent 2 paks D'Addario marketed.
  9. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Amazing tone for the low cost.

My former set of strings were Warwick Red Labels, and I thought they sounded good. Were a bit sloppy in feel, and they got old, so I changed to D'addario XL (my other bass had them and I liked them on that one).

It was one of the best things I've done in my life. :)
    XL's are real jummyfish for low price. Very nice strings.
  10. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I just picked up three sets on ebay for 21 bucks can't wait to get them! I have a set on my RIC and they soud great.
  11. Taurus

Feb 2, 2001
    Have a set on my BC Rich right now.Thumbs up,fairly cheap too.