1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D'Addario XL170-5......is it just me?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 59jazz, Mar 16, 2008.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Installed a set of these on my Bongo 5, two weeks ago. All broken in and sound almost as lively as my DR H-Beams. These strings bring a smile to my face, except the B string. Is it me, or does anyone else notice a difference in how the B string sounds different from the other strings? Somewhat unmatched:eyebrow:

2. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    mine have always sounded quite balanced and since switching to them from sr2000's several years ago, i've tried them on probably a half dozen basses with several string changes...bad string, possibly? pickup height on the bass end? not sure...

3. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

I didn't notice it until I raised the action..........man what tone!!!!!!!!! Another local bassist noticed the same thing with the XL-170s on his G&L L2500. Not a bass or setup issue. Can't be the LM II and B-2 rig either.:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: