1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

D'Addario's Bass Station Allows Dealers to Create Bass String Sets On Demand

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by paul, Mar 21, 2006.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    FARMINGDALE, NY, January 19, 2006 -"We're really excited about this new merchandising concept and solution to a common problem," notes D'Addario Fretted Products Senior Brand Manager Brian Vance of the company's new "Bass Station." "A store isn't going to stock every possible SKU but bass players demand variety and options. This system addresses both issues." Read More

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    The Bass Station provides a great deal of flexibility for dealers to create five- and six-string bass sets from a minimal amount of SKUs. Here's how it works: wall mounted string bins with sliding drawers house 40 high C and low B single strings to be used in combination with packaged four-string sets. Customers simply select their preferred four-string set and then customize their C and B strings accordingly. They can choose from a variety of tapered and non-tapered, long and super-long gauges that suit their needs perfectly for XL Nickel Round Wound, ProSteels Round Wound, Chromes Flatwound, and Acoustic bass strings. The singles are packaged in the high-quality, two-color envelopes and strings are tabbed for quick, easy access.

Dealers can carry fewer bass string sets and singles SKUs, taking up less inventory cost and space, yet can provide virtually any combination of strings. The Bass Station includes a countertop coin mat and other in-store POP materials.

"Players will love the freedom and possibilities the Bass Station offers, whether they use a 125 B or a 130, tapered or untapered, they'll get what they need quickly and easily," Vance remarks. "Dealers love it because it doesn't take up a lot of space and it fits into their current merchandising scheme. If you have a serious bass clientele, the Bass Station is for you!"

The D'Addario Bass Station will be available in March of 2006.

For more information about the Bass Station and special introductory program pricing, contact your sales representative. For more information on D'Addario products, visit www.daddariostrings.com

J. D'Addario & Company, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets complete lines of strings for fretted and bowed musical instruments, drumheads, drum practice pads, and guitar and woodwind accessories under the proprietary brand names D'Addario, Evans Drumheads, Planet Waves, Rico, and HQ Percussion. The company also runs the popular Gbase.com online gear source. J. D'Addario products are marketed in approximately 120 countries.

3. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    I've been buying four packs of strings in volume and then buying B and C strings separately on my own for years, and I'm sure many other players have been too.

I'm REALLY glad a string company is paying attention to its customers; I'm definitely going to give this a look.

4. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005

Me too...for years now. I buy XL-170s, and then add a 145 or 135 low B (depending on which one of my 6-string basses I'm stringing), and a 32w high C.

5. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    what do you guys use for a high F string? D'addario only seems to sell a plain .020 for long scale...

6. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    This is very exciting. Due to my tuning (A-D-A-D-A), I have a b*#ch of a time getting a set that gives me consistent string tension. It just so happens that I'm a fan of D'Addarios anyway. WOOHOO!!!