Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dadgum ukelele....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by anubis101, Jun 25, 2001.

1. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    so um does anyone know how to tune a ukelele?
    thanks

luke

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Come on Anubis, Obviously someone Knows how to tune a uke. Otherwise , after the first one was ever made, who would build another one that "nobody" knew how to tune?

Just for curiosity I decided to do a quick web search. It took all of about 20 seconds to find at least 4 websites with the info you want.

I even wrote down the popular tunings to post for you.But I had second thoughts and decided that if I had time to look it up, so do you!

I would suggest "Ask Jeeves" as a starting place.

Sorry if I didn't give you the help that you hoped for.(not really) :)

Pkr2

3. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    awww pkr2 why the hate man? cant we all just get along..ok so yeah that was really dumb...ok well ill go look it up i guess...hmmm yeah...anyway

4. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Sorry if I offended you Anubis. That wasn't my intention.

The tuning is G C E A .

Friends again? :)

Pkr2

5. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    heh, you didnt really offend me pkr2..i was joking...but thanks for the tuning!!

6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Huh... I always thought it was ascending... "My Dog Has Fleas" and descending... "Fleas Have My Dog"...

Ya learn something new everyday!

-robert

7. What the bloop?

8. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Beats the heck out of me. I just copied it off of another site.

I've never tuned one in my life. :)

Pkr2

9. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    When I was a kid, my neighbor played a ukelele... He used to always tune it by singing those four words forwards and backwards, plucking a string with each word. I can still hear him in my head... Years later, when I picked up a ukelele at a garage sale, I was able to tune it using the same method. No science involved!!! Mostly luck I would guess!

-robert