Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dad's buying a wireless

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fastplant, Sep 30, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, that's a good one. I mean, it's the same one I use, so it must be good, right?

Anyway, when I bought mine (an older model, before they changed the name to Performance Gear), they listed a frequency response that went down to 20 hz, perfect for bass. Now the spec sheet omits the frequency response for the UHF model, while listing a lower end of 50 hz for the VHF model. I'd like to believe that the frequency response of the newer UHF models is still the same, at 20 hz.

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hmmm, that would suck if they limited the frequency response, oh well, it's free I shouldn't complain, I think it's mad cool that my dad decided to get me this!!

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think it'll work just fine for you.

5. $370?!

Geeeze man....your dad must really love you,or you musta done really good on your report card;)

6. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hahaha, well, we have alot of energy on stage and my dad came to our last show and saw that I was being a little restricted by my chord and figured he'd do something nice for me by getting it. I tried it out last night and it took a little tinkering with (the preamp in my Thumb is a little intense so I had to turn all the gains to zero) but after that I noticed it ate a little of my treble. But I compensated by turning the treble up a bit and it sounded no different than a regular chord. I reccomend it definitely!

:D <---- me

7. Well,I'm glad you liked it!

and a thumb is a nice bass:)

"Kudos" to your father!

Have fun at your next gig:D

8. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks man!