Daily Grooves for Bass by Patrick Pfeiffer *Videos*

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Sithian, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Sithian

Sithian Operator! Give me the number for 9-1-1! Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    New Jersey
    I want to share some Instagram content that Patrick Pfeiffer @basspower (thank you!) has been posting. Patrick is a bass freak of the highest order- author (Bass for Dummies, Improve your Groove, etc...), clinician, columnist & teacher (Gerald Veasley's Bass Boot Camp, Bass Magazine, Skype), and player (check out Soul of the City). He has given and continues to give so much to the bass and music community in many ways.

Patrick's Daily Grooves for Bass book consists of a groove for every day of the year - 366 total. The grooves are great and contain various challenges such as groove skeletons, odd meter, double stops- and are written for four- string and extended range bass.

Patrick is posting Instagram videos of himself playing the Daily Grooves for Bass grooves EVERY DAY and in the order of the book. He is up to week 16 day 6.

Login • Instagram

I really like the concise nature of these videos- no talking, just playing, along with some humor sprinkled in.

Enjoy-!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  2. bluejack

bluejack

Dec 29, 2009
    Austin, Tx.
    This is great to know. I purchased that book years ago but it came with some MP3 computer disc that I never got around to figuring out how to install.
    My computer is just not part of my practice work area.
    Those lines are pretty incredible and I can’t wait to hear them.

ErikP.Bass and Sithian like this.
  3. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    That’s really cool thanks for sharing! I have this book and work from it often. Though I don’t follow it in the “daily” progression they are often my daily sight reading exercises. Some are so catchy they’ve become warm up jams for me and my drummer!

ErikP.Bass, bluejack and Sithian like this.
  4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I just wanna say that every time I see Pat's name mentioned here I give thanks to the music deities that it is possible for a bass player to sustain a (presumably rewarding) career in pedagogy. The last couple times I saw his name mentioned in TB I wrote:

5. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Bumping this up because it’s AWESOME!!!!

Low Down Brown and Sithian like this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022