Daion neck through 4 and Standard Jazz FL

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jon Burnet, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    OK i figure i will throw these out there.

Find out on the first that me and the wife are gonna be havin a mini-stingraybaby! so somethings have gotta go.

my daion 1st off... EXCELLENT BASS!!! alembic like string spacing( ie doesnt change from nut to bridge) neck through, string through body, P J config. sounds like a pre cbs p bass when p bass pick up is soloed. i really hate to let this go and if i dont get a good offer i might hold on to it. i'd like 400 for it and its case.

and my jazz fretless...MIM fretless jazz. only down side to this is i was on a no finish neck kick and sanded off the finish on the back of the neck. plays 100 times better IMO but you should be aware. minimal finger wear because i got my other fretless shortly there after! this one sounds and plays excellent. for the right offer i will throw in a non-original hardshell case! 250 for this!
    i also have a takamine acoustic 6 string Gu***r i will take 200 for if you know anyone intrested!

of course you pay shippin from 37130 but if you live close ( i consider atlanta and such close) i will meet you half way to save ya shippin!

let me know guys! thanks in advance!
  2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    nobody? not trade offers no nuthin?:mad:
  3. blindman

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey guys (and gals),I had a Daion fretless 4 back in the 80's and it was a wonderful instrument and well worth the asking price.I don't think that you would be disappointed.
    Good luck.
  4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I had a Daion too back in the 70's - what a really great bass. To this day wonder what I did with it - I just cannot remember.

Stingrayguy - have you spoken with the Swamee - basspalace. Bob has a hunkering for Daion basses. he might be able to move it for you or buy it from you

5. Stingrayguy - I can't get your e-mail address to work. Please contact me. Thanks.
  6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I have been gigging with my Daion lately and I have been receiving compliments on both its looks and sound. These are very nice, well made instruments. A fretless one was sold on ebay recently for $1000.
    I don't see how anyone could be disappointed in buying one.
  7. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    yeah it is a nice bass... just mot playing a 4 anymore and i am a HUGE guy (ask bassmonkee... he calls me mr. i block the sun!) and it looks like a mandolin on me! someone will end up with a very nice bass for not alot of scratch. the wife is trying to get me to keep it for my collection but with a baby comin......collection is the least of my worries!
  8. Stingrayguy - I pm'd you and am anxiously, nervously, impatiently waiting...

BTW - what does bizump mean?
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Would you mind a few more shots of the Dain? Y'know, rear, headstock, ect.
  10. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    sorry brendan... got an offer pending on the daion. will keep you in mind if it falls through.

the fretless jazz still needs a home!
  11. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    daion is sold

fretless jazz and the tak still need homes. will giv this a couple of hours then off to ebay.
  12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN

Fretless jazz will be on ebay along with a tak acoustic and a squire telecaster. let me know.