1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Daisey chaining from an Aguilar DB210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adammazza, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Hi, I have a bridged QSC going from the speakon out of the amp to the speakon in of an Aguilar DB210. The cabinet also has 2 1/4" connectors. I am thinking about getting another cabinet and was wondering if anyone knows if it will be possible to connect an additional cabinet up to the 1/4" or will I need to replace my speakon/speakon cable with a speakon/(1/4) and then use the other 1/4" to chain to the second cabinet. Unfortunately I don't have the manual for this cabinet and Aguilar doesn't have it on their site.

Thanks

Adam

2. You don't have to do any modification. the speakons are just a safer connection method. It has the same number of wires in the cable and very likely all the speakons and 1/4 jacks are wired in parrallel so it doesn,t matter if you use one or the other.

3. Thanks, I know the deal with speakon just wasn't sure if I could chain another cabinet by mixing connections.

Adam

4. Just make sure you do not go below a total of 4Ω when running the power amp bridged.

Paul