Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

daisy bass? This is hilarious

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGrowl, Aug 1, 2001.

1. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    this is soooooo funny, all of you probably have already heard or seen these but i still get a kick out of em each time i look at them, go to www.daisyrock.com to see em, lol

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Are they trying to say that girls like to play crappy instruments?!!

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Brought to you by your friends at Schecter Guitar Research.

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    LOL
    Who´s that girl in the Intro Movie???????
    Courtney Love??????
    I cant believe the shape of that guitars an basses!!!!!!

Maybe the Spice Girls should try ´em

5. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    those are always good for a laugh. hah daisy. man if i were a girl i would be insulted to be associated with the crappiness of those things. my guitar player's sister is great looking (drools ) .......... oh and she's awesome at guitar. :D

6. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

Agree, I know a band of girls in my city, they play very hard grunge stuff, and they knoy how to play, tell ya, i´m sure most girls should feel insulted if someone give one of those things to ´em...

Girls in rock rule ( and they are hot, too)
    :D :D :D :D

7. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    My 10-year-old daughter recently showed interest in playing the bass. She is really into N*Sync (God help me...) and other pop stuff, but even she thought that bass looked stupid. So I have ordered her a black Squier Bronco, and I will hot-rod it for her. I'm so proud... (sniff, sniff....)

8. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

Good luck to you and your daughter
    (maybe some day she´ll forget pop stuff :D:D)

9. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    The hottest bassist is still Talena from Kittie. Oh, by the way, those basses suck.

10. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    not only the looks of it are scary and hell but the sound of it sux, just look at the pickups

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Pour l'amour de dieu, don't teach her slap!!!

12. Hey have any of you really played one?
    Yea I didn't think so.

I bought three of them, one of each color and the things rock. They are short scale so it is easy to tap, slap, pop, and burn up the fretboard.

BassGrowl nice comment "just look at the pickups"
    damn man they are in a Fender P-bass setup what the heck are you talking about.

13. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    they have the setup but not the pickups

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You like yours too, huh, gruff?

I bought one for my little girl, and it was so great I had to buy one for myself too!

15. I hear that, Hey not to change the topic but did you ever pick up a Mike Watt disk?

I can get that non-reverse ThunderBird tone pretty sweet on my Daisy Bass.

16. embellisher

No, I never did get around to getting a Mike Watt disk. Stupid GAS has me spending every spare dime on gear!:mad:

I think that everyone should have a P bass, I was gonna get one until I got my Daisy Bass. Captures that P tone perfectly, and looks so much prettier too! I guarantee you that if they had made these when Jamerson was still alive, he would have retired the Funk Machine and got one of these!:D

17. I was listening to "Double Nickels on the Dime" by the Minutemen tonight and wondered if you ever bought it. It is a great disk, a lot of the songs are about 90 seconds and there are some things that are a little abrasive but all and all a great disk.
    You might have to listen to it a couple of times but its raw-ness makes it one of my favorites.

If Jamerson had played a Daisy then everyone from Jaco, Duck Dunn, Larry Graham, and Jermont would have been playing one. Someday the Daisy bass will get the respect it deserves but for now the proud owners will have to wait until Les Claypool or Fieldy starts to play one. The tone is unstoppable.

18. Pea-NUT

Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    anyone ever heard of the female bassist rhonda smith?

19. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I'm sorry everyone for judging on appearance. I guess they are not that bad. IT is just when i see a company focus so much on appearance, i can't imagine they focus as much on sound. Oh well, my mistake. I guess i gotta try one out if i can find one, :) .

Gruff and Embellisher, can you post pics of yourselves playing them?

I've heard the guitars, and i wasn't impressed.

20. embellisher

It's at the top of mine, but I can't quit spending money on stuff!