Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Daisy Bass. What an eyesore!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hategear, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Those things are awesome! I love mine.:cool:

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Mark Hoppus's bass isn't bad at all.. i would lvoe to own one :) love of j bass bodies :)

4. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I have a couple of daughters, and they think the Daisy's are hideous. A guitar store I go into occasionally keeps a "Heartbreaker" guitar and bass in stock (they apparently sell pretty well) and they're even worse. I keep telling them I'm just waiting for the upgraded model with Barts and a quilt top. :D

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Ha! A local shop that I frequent has one of those! I think it's neato.

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think those are pretty cool :cool:

Heartbreaker bass in princess purple.. yummy :D

7. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    and she rocks.

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I would hope it wouldn't appeal to me visually - I'm not an adolescent female.

But anything that gets people interested in playing bass, especially sorely underrepresented women/girls, (or playing any musical instrument for that matter), is a good thing.

Hell, if I had some idle money, I'd slap some good pups and a preamp on that honey, and do a set onstage with it. For a girl with some chops, it could make her another Bootzilla!!!

[​IMG]

9. I can't believe Jeff and I are the only TBers that own these. Rocks straight out with the Bart pickup upgrade.

One mans Sugar is another mans poison I guess.

10. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    "Daisy Rock Girl Guitars?"

What's so girly about them?

I'd get one if they offered different woods, bartolini pups, and fretless fingerboards.

11. Has anyone actually played one? I might need a p-style bass sometime. You know, for those early Black Sabbath covers.

12. the body is pretty cool.
    Get some new pickups and play.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Mine is stock. The original pickup captures the P bass tone pretty closely.

14. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I was thinking for those Slayer and Slipknot covers. :rolleyes:

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My daughter has GAS for a Daisy Bass. She's four. She likes Aaron Carter, too. Sick, huh?

16. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    After reading through your posts, the following question came to me: Why make a guitar for girls so outright girly? Don't a lot of guitar makers offer smaller guitars, to fit the smaller hands of girls and kids? Why not buy a "real" guitar or bass, only smaller? Isn't making a girl bass that looks like a heart or flower somehow stereotypical? Is that the word I am looking for?

:confused:

Also, these things remind me of the time in sixth grade, when I was asked by a few of the girls in my class, to make a guitar for one of them to use for our school talent show (in my day, "talent show" was synonymous with "lip synching"). I made the body and headstock out of cardboard, the neck was a piece of 1/2" x 2" wood trim and I painted two toothpaste caps black and glued 'em onto the body for the control knobs. I was especially proud of the body design that I came up with, but the girl that ended up playing it was not -- the body was in the shape of a big hand, complete with blood-red fingernails! She had to use it anyway, cuz there wasn't enough time to make something different. They "played" "Walked Like An Egyptian" by The Bangles and afterwards, my creation went into the garbage. :(