1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Daisy Chain question (two Ampeg 210HE cabs + Aguilar TH350)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Attym, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Attym

Attym

Apr 3, 2015
    I just picked up an Aguilar Tone Hammer 350. I have two Ampeg SVT210HE cabs.
    One is a 210HE and the other is an HEN. One has two Speakon inputs and two 1/4 inputs, the other just has two 1/4 inputs
    The TH350 had one Speakon output.
    I was thinking I would go speakon out of the 350 and speakon in on one of the cabs. My question is, should I go speakon > 1/4 to the next or 1/4 > 1/4?
    Does it matter?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. I much prefer SpeakOn connectors and they are much safer for your amp than phone plugs. I’d use a SpeakOn to 1/4” phone for the daisy chain. That leaves just one phone plug to be concerned about.

If you are handy you could consider retrofitting a SpeakOn socket into the 1/4” only cabinet.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  3. Attym

Attym

Apr 3, 2015
    Awesome, I'll probably go for 3 speakon connections and one 1/4.

I'll look into adding a speakon to my cab though.

Al Kraft and Old Garage-Bander like this.
  4. Remove one jack socket. Open the hole to 15/16” required by an NL4 SpeakOn socket. Two 1/8” holes and pop rivet the NL4 into place. Wire what was the tip connection to +1. Sleeve to -! and you’re done. QED

Attym likes this.
  5. Attym

Attym

Apr 3, 2015
    Ok, Paul, you've convinced me, I'm adding a speakon 4pole female connector to my cab.

I'm also converting both of my 3ft 1/4 cables to speakon.

BassmanPaul likes this.