Daisy Chain the power to my two 18 volt pedals, is there a way?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lovenotfear, Jan 23, 2009.

1. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    i know this can be done on 9 volt pedals, but i have two 18 volt pedals that i would like to daisy chain the power together, something like the one spot does for example, they are an Aguilar tone hammer, and an mxr 10 band eq pedal, is there a way to do it?

2. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    bump

3. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

Just get an 18V power supply and a daisy chain power cord, no? Am I missing something here?

4. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    well that is what i have been thinking, and i see that there is stuff that you can buy to do this with 9 volt pedals, but i see nothing you can buy to daisy chain 18 volt pedals, i was wondering if there is a reason for that, maybe one 18 volt pedal takes to much power to daisy chain another with it, i mean i was thinking that i could use the stuff they sell that is labeled for 9 volt and i would probably work, a wire is a wire right? it should not make a difference, i just cant find any daisy chain product that is rated for 18 volt, i was just curious on why?, i dont want to ruin my pedals, i hope this make more sense.

5. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Daisy chains should handle 18 volts no problem.

If you want to run 18V pedals off a 9V supply, then you'll need some "Virtual Batteries" by gigrig, i believe. You'll need 2 to run each 18V pedal.

Also make sure your power supply has enough current to run everything.

6. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks you, i will give the daisy cahin a try.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021