1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Daisy Chain with right angle plugs????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Crabby, May 31, 2007.

1. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Anyone know where I can get one? I use a Godlyke Powerall with several extra daisy chain strings to power all my pedals but it drives me crazy how much room has to be left above each pedal for the power plug as they stick out so far.

I have seen many photos of pedal boards with righ angle power plugs but cant seem tp find them for sale anywhere.

Anyone know where I could locate something like that?

2. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    I have a One-Spot extension which has right-angle connectors.
    http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm
    Scroll down just a bit - it's the first one.
    Hmmm....says it's the ONLY one with right-angle connectors.
    How easy was that??!!
    :)

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    One Spot makes no other kind of daisy chain other than the ones with right-angle connectors.

Now... go get one! :D

4. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    You guys are great! I was under the impression that the One Spot and Godlyke units were exactly the same.

I actually have Ibanez daisy chains as they were the only ones I could find anywhere in my area.

I may have to order this in from the US. But thanks for the update. Obviously my searching skills need some improvement!

5. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Just be glad SpankyPants didn't show up. ;)

6. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I had a similar situation happen to me. I ordered the godlyke from MF. The day it came in the mail I was at GC...Boom I see the one spot...Still thinking about sending the godlyke back just to get the one spot.

7. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    keep the godlyke if the plugs don't bother you, it has a higher max ampage to it so it can power a little bit more

8. I got the godlyke "kit" with all the extra connectors; they DO have right angle plugs, IIRC

9. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    *breaks through wall*

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

10. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Just to update, I located two Visual Sound daisiy chains at a local store today (who would have thought) and snapped them up for $12 Canadian each.

I spent the evening re wiring my board and I have to say, these right anlge plugs help save a lot of room. So much headache in trying to organizr a board is eliminated when you dont have to worry about leaving a bunch of space above your pedals for the straight 9v plugs.

My board is really coming together. I will be posting picks as soon as my VFB-2 arrives. The final setup is a Pedal Train Pro with 15 pedals on board:

2 loopers
    4 filters
    3 overdrives
    5 modulation
    1 compressor

Thanks again guys for the heads up on the One Spot daisy chain. Made my set up go a lot easier!

11. The Rocktron DC onTap has right angled connectors too :p
    I think the 1-spot's connectors are smaller though...

12. am I safe to assume that I could use a 1-spot chain with the godlyke powerall? (there's no "special connector" or anything, other than the barrel-style jack)

13. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    tHEY ARE INTERCHANGEABLE

14. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    No need to yell. :p

15. loud and clear!

16. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I'm curious as to this as well. Would it work with just a normal Boss PSA-1 adapter? Those straight connectors do eat tons of real estate! :p

17. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Yup. It'll work just fine with any Boss-style 9V adapter (2.1mm, center-negative... the standard!).

I actually used the 1 Spot daisy chain with a Boss PSA-120 for a short period of time, but I'm back to my 1 Spot adapter again.

18. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Tons of thanks! :)

19. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Sorry bout the yelling, I was falling asleep at the computer and didnt realize Id hit the caps lock!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021