Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Daisy-chaining Agi GS112's??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greywoulf, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Okay, I found out that I can daisy-chain Aguilar GS112's by going from a Clarus amp into the first cab's first 1/4 socket and then out it's second 1/4 socket and hence into another cab...
    But what happens if I go into the first GS112 with a speakon plug? Are both this GS112's 1/4 sockets then available for daisy-chaining output to the second cab?

(It's amazing how much I don't know.....!!!) ( Sheet!!)

Greywoulf :)

2. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX

Going from speak-on into the cab 1 and then using a 1/4-1/4 cable from cab 1 into cab 2 is fine. This is how I run my set-up.

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Agreed. All inputs/outputs are wired in parallel. ;)

4. Aha! So what you're saying here (and this has to be real simple for me to grasp, you understand), is that all three of the connectors (two 1/4's, one speakon) on the GS112 are fully interchangable as far as being used either for input from an amp or output to another cab is concerned...?

Have I got this right, finally? :)
    Thanks,
    Greywoulf

5. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Yes you are right. You can plug your amp into any hole you want. And you can connect the two cabs together using any hole you want. Was that simple enough for you! :D Good luck and rock on!

6. Thank you. That sure put the right plug in the right hole all right! Methinks never will I have the problem again...
    Greywoulf :)