1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Daisy chaining through mono/bridge out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by W Collins, Oct 17, 2013.

1. W Collins

W Collins

Oct 17, 2013
    I have finally graduated from grad school and have a real job. Sadly, I parted with most of my gear in order to pay for school. However, I kept my beloved bag end cabs: a Q10X-D 4x10 and an S18B-D 18" with the Elf processor unit. Loved this setup with my old Eden 800A into the 4x10 and a Stewart world 2.1 into the 18 . But alas, my bass and amps had to go to pay for school. Well, now I'm getting back into the game, I'm just a rusty on my tech notes.

Here's the plan of attack:
    I've run into a brubaker that I'm possibly picking up tomorrow (woot!) & I've found an Eden wtb1000 for a decent price. Played it a few times and sounds smooth and quiet. Interested in getting it for my new head.

Here's my question. 1) Can i run the 2x8ohm cabs through the mono/bridge output by daisy chaining them together (4ohm load right, no elf processor) until I get another stand alone amp for the 18 and 2) should I do this? I have an ashly clx52 comp/limiter, so as long as the system stays "clip free" I should be solid correct?

suggestions/advice/help greatly appreciated here. Thanks guys.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Read the manual for the WTB1000. It will tell you what a safe load is, and what the optimal set up will be. If you don't have one, download a copy.

3. Daisy chaining cabinets is fine, even in bridge, as long as the total load does not fall below the 4Ω minimum. You should use Speakon cables for the chaining. 1/4" phone cables are inadequate and dangerous both for the amp and to you personally.