Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Daisy Chaining Two GS112s for a V-Type 220

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phishaholik, Nov 18, 2005.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I have a Trace V-Type 220 that has an one XLR out for the speaker connection. I just bought a GS112 that hasn't arrived yet. I was looking at Aguilar's site, and it said that the GS112 has two 1/4" and one Speakon input. Does that mean that there is no speaker out? What should I do to run two cabs if it doesn't have a speaker out? Can I get monster cable to make me a cable with an XLR on one side and two speakon or 1/4" ends on the other?

Mike

2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Chances of Monster doing that for you are less than zero. The up side is if you have soldering skills and soldering equipment, make it your self.

The Aguilar GS112 has two 1/4" inputs, and one speakon, all wired in parallel. (this means they are internally connected together, plug into one connector, and use the other two out of the three total inputs as an output to another cabinet)

I assume you have a speaker cable that came with your Trace? if its XLR hopefully to 1/4" or speakon, just use another 1/4" to 1/4" speaker cable OUT of the GS112 to another 1/4" equipped cabinet.