Daisy Chains - How to use?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Skit1, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Skit1

Skit1 Guest

Jul 2, 2004
    Ok, I have a feeling Im gonna sound really dumb but here goes :spit:

I've got a 9V adapter, a Daisy chain with 6 outputs and 1 connection to the 9v adapter, 3 9V pedals.

If I just use the adapter on any of the 3 pedals they are powered fine.
    However if I connect the 3 up with the Daisy Chain nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong here?
    Do I:

A, Need a higher power adapter?
    B, Do I have to have all 6 Daisy Chain outputs in use

Or is there something else completely wrong here?

2. gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Probably (at least) one of the pedals' power input is reversed, meaning tip= positive, ring = negative as opposed to tip=negative, ring = positive (as most pedals do)
  3. Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    1) You might (though it's pretty unlikely) need a 9v adapter with a higher current rating. The adapter should have it's output listed on the label in milliamps (mA), same for the current draw of your effects. If the mA draw of the effects exceeds the output of the adapter, you'll have no joy.

2) You don't need to use all of the outputs on the daisy chain. Think of each of the plugs as an AC outlet in your house.

3) As gillento said, one or all of your effects might be reverse polarity in relation to the adapter.

4) Have you tried each of the effects singly, but using the daisy chain cable? I've got a generic adapter that has a plug that doesn't quite fit snugly into the daisy chain I have. The effects worked intermittently. Bought an EBS adapter. No problems.

5) Do you have a 1/4" plug in the input jacks of the effects?

6) The daisy chain cable may be poo.

Let us know if you figure it out. And if you can't, specifics about what you're using might helps us.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What kind of daisy chain?

What kind of pedals?

What kind of power adapter?