Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dallas Gigspam

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Monte, May 6, 2003.

1. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Just a quick note to all the Texas guys that I will be playing with Champian and the Jazz Band this Friday and Saturday the 9th and 10th from 7-11 at Kirby’s Steakhouse on Hwy 114 and Southlake Dr. I hope to get a chance to hang with some of you if you can make it.

Kirby’s has great steaks as well as excellent desserts if you want to do something cheaper. You can view the menu at http://www.kirbyssteakhouse.com/menu.html . We will be playing in the lounge area which doesn’t serve dinner, but the sound system is good and is piped throughout the restaurant if you are eating dinner. There are also a few tables with a good view not too far from the stage.

Hope to get a chance to meet some more of you on this trip.

Monte

2. tsolo

tsolo

Aug 24, 2002
    Ft. Worth
    That's not far from me and I'm not gigging this weekend. If I can cut loose early friday, I'll budget $100 and bring the family. If someone flips ya 'the bird' while grinnin', that'll be me. If someone flips ya 'the bird' and they ain't grinnin', don't make eye contact....

3. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Very cool; make sure and introduce yourself on the break if you make it, and I look forward to meeting you.

Monte

4. tsolo

tsolo

Aug 24, 2002
    Ft. Worth
    Sorry, Monte. Soccer party interfered. Can't disappoint the kid. How'd the gig go?

5. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    It went pretty well. Kind of strange, as it was virtually empty Friday and packed out Saturday. If you didn't have reservations Saturday, you probably weren't getting in.

The PA was overly complicated and caused problems when we had to deal with it by ourselves Saturday. The bass was fine (AKG C3000 straight into it), but we had trouble with the vocals not being audible. After the second set, I went over the whole thing with a flashlight, and found a tiny pad button on her channel pushed in. It was in the back and had probably been that way for months, as the manager insisted that it was normal that the vocal mic was set at about 3 o'clock while everything else was around 11 o'clock:rolleyes:

Hope we meet next time I'm there.

Monte