1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dallas Guitar Show, anyone pull the trigger

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by origami, Apr 24, 2006.

1. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    How did the guitar show treat you all?

I met George Lynch of Dokken. Does that mean i am "rokken with dokken?" heee hee.

I didn't see anything gear-wise i couldn't live without.

I almost bought a used Fender MIM fretless, but my wife's 6th sence kicked in and she called me before I hit the ATM.

Besides that nothing to cool basswise, a couple of overpriced MM Stingrays. some neat Pete Skjold (sp) stuff there too.

The G&L Tributes changed their decal on the headstock and now look almost like US models except for a small 'tribute series' sicker. cool.

see ya!

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Got any pics from the show?

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I posted pics in Misc.

4. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

I had an unexpected conversation with Ed Roman of all people. He's certainly opinionated, but he was actually cordial.

5. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Sweet!

6. I've been to his store in Vegas, and I have to say it was the most uncomfortable experience I've ever had in a guitar store. Of course, the fact that Ed was on the phone screaming at someone the entire time could have colored my opinion. Regardless, when I saw his booth at the show I didn't even slow down.

-- Dan --