Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dallas: Hotel & Restaurant recommendations needed!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassthumpa, Feb 13, 2006.

1. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I've just ordered tickets for wifey and I to see Phantom of the Opera, playing at the Music Hall At Fair Park near the Cotton Bowl. I'm not familiar with Dallas at all aside from a general highway layout, but with an address and google maps I can find anything. With that said, I need help from those from or familiar with the city...

What I'd like to do is find a really nice hotel, either close to the music hall or downtown (which I don't believe is too far from the hall, please correct me if I'm mistaken). I wanna find something that has a nice suite to chillax in after the show, etc. Also, I need restaurant recommendations... something very nice and cozy with great food and service.

I wanna make this a really nice evening to dress up and enjoy ourselves, so I'm planning on spending some nice loot for a nice time, but I'm no Mr. Moneybags. Lets say around $200 (maybe more) for the suite and $100 for dinner. I don't have spend that much, but I'll be prepared to. I'd even like some ideas for things to do during the play before we eat and make our way to the hall, in case we decide to leave early.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Nobody?

3. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Ok, I'm gonna try this one more time.

The show is this Saturday... I've taken care of the hotel part and reserved a corner room at the Doubletree - Campbell Centre. Now I just need to pick a restaurant.

I've been checking out Guidelive.com, and so far Urbano Paninoteca seems like it might be a good option.

If anyone has any other ideas, please chime in!

4. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

There's always the Mansion on Turtle Creek. Every celebrity that visits Dallas stays there. Pricey, but a very nice hotel and extremely good restaurant run by Dean Fearing.

Crescent Court on McKinney is Eric Clapton's choice when he's in town, but it may just be due to there being an Armani store in the lobby. Still - very nice hotel.

Adam's Mark is nice. Jeff Beck's local choice.

The new cool restaurant it Stephen Pyles new place, "Stephen Pyles". Call ahead - it's tough to get into right now.

Man, I'd trade it all for a chicken fried steak from Threadgill's!