Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Epiphone_Freak, Jan 5, 2004.

1. I'm a big mavericks fan. Not doing as well as last year but i think they will get back in it.

Playoffs Prediction: I think it will be the Mavs and they Spurs in the Western Conference Semi-Finals And the mavs will win or lose but it will be close.
    In the East It will be Indiana and New Jersey, and New Jersey will come up and lose to someone in the West as usaul

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, the Mav's better win with all those players on that team.

I'll take the Spurs though. Malik Rose is the most underrated player in the game.

-Mike

3. ya the Rose is very overlooked.

As the good players on there Team they better

Drik,Nash,Finely,Jamison. They better be number 1 or 2

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I've felt that the Spurs are underachieving.

The NBA lacks good bitter rivalries. I miss the Bill Laimbeer, Charles Barkley, Rick Mahorn type players.

5. Barkley was ok

I miss Clyde The Glyde

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I love my Mavs. But I think that it will be the Spurs and the Laker in the West. And then the Lakers beat up on whatever chumps the East sends to the Finals.

7. which team has the best record in the NBA without its best player? The Sacramento Kings!!! They're goin all the way this year.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    clef.....are you tryin to say that Weber is Sac-a-tomatos best player? If so, you have got to be kidding. Weber is washed up, old, and too scared to play inside. Stojakovic is now the best player on that team, hands down.

-Mike

9. no way man. you got it all wrong. Chris Webber was one of the most dominant players in the playoffs last season until he hurt his knee. He's good for an automatic 20 points and 10 rebounds and he's one of the best passing big men in the game. He opens up the perimeter so shooters like peja, mike bibby, and bobby jackson have more room to shoot. He's also the leader of the most tightly knit and coordinated team in the NBA. Also, he's been doing this on a bum knee. People criticize him for not playing in the paint enough, but he's just doing what his coach asks him to do, and it works. The team's need for him was shown in last season's playoff series, which the Kings probably only lost because they lost Webber. Last season, he lead the Kings in points, rebounds, and assists. Webber is their best player, hands down.

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ah the Allas Mavericks!

Of course we all know that there's no "D" in Dallas! :D

11. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    they used to call Nowitzki "irk." Cause there's no "D" in "Irk!"

Dallas is ok. Getting rid of Van Exel was pretty lame in my book. I thought that they had a deadly combination with Nash at the 1 and VanE at the 2.

But look at my Knicks???!!! Marbury&Hardaway aquired last night>? Go figure??

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The NBA has done a good snow job on you Chris Webber guys. Goes to show you what enough TV exposure can do for a guys career. Webber is soft inside, shys away from contact, and has a long history of choking that goes all the way back to the championship game against UNC.

He is definitely a good player, and does have the ability to dominate a game. He just doesn't. For those reasons, I think it is going way too far to call him the best player in the NBA, or even his team.

-Mike

13. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    clyde was incredible.
    One in a million.

Cwebb is a great player. I agree, he often draws double/triple teams and opens up everything for Peja and Bibby. He is essential to any kind of sucess for the kings. But the league's greatest player title has to go to either J.kidd or Duncan. Duncan is not flashy, but he brings huge numbers and a presence that is only matched by Shaq.
    Kidd is by far the best passer/assist man since Majic and Stockton retired.

Kidd and Duncan both radically change whatever team/lineup they are in. Both are team players first. A dying art form in my opinion. If Kidd was on the lakers? Fugetaboutit!

14. embellisher

Kidd is a good point guard, but he is waaayyyy overrated IMHO. In the top 5 point guards? Yeah. Not in the top 10 players IMHO.

15. embellisher

:spit:

:D

16. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    kidd is not the most talented player in the league. but as a team player, his triple doubles speak for themselves.

As for just raw talent, t-mac, V carter,L james and kobe strike me as pretty much off-the charts.

whats the opinion on the phoenix/ny trade?

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Josh...yeah, let's talk about the 2002 conference finals. Before you get all excited about how lucky the Lakers were, Bibby did the same thing for the Kings in game five. Mike Bibby was the man for the Kings in that series. Webber played very well, I agree. But Webber had a chance to prove what you guys think he is, and he failed. Shaq, and Horry had their way with Webber and Vlade during that entire series. We got a healthy dose of Webber whining all the way through. Shaq destroyed Webber in game seven as Webber again cried about the officials. The Webber-led Kings had game seven on their homecourt, and watched Shaq and the Lakers walk in and kick their butts.

This would be just one example of a Webber choke job.

-Mike

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'd love to brag on my team, but my beloved Magic sucks arse right now! :(

19. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    woodchuck,

i know how you feel.

my beloved knicks have reached new lows of suck.

maybe the marbury trade will help them suck less

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Josh...I figured you were a big Webber fan. I suppose I have to admit something right now. I was a HUGE Juwan Howard fan. Out of the "Fab Five", I was convinved that Howard would be way better than the others in the pros. So, I guess alot of my dislike for Webber has to do with the enormous pile of nothing that Juwan Howard has amounted to. There, I said it, I am jealous! :)

Webber is a great player, I agree.

Anyway...the 2002 Finals were just one example. There are more. There is no sense in me digging up some more examples of Webber choke jobs. You like Webber, I can respect that. In the meantime, I am going to go to my room, throw on my Howard #25 Michigan jersey, and dream of what could have been. :D

-Mike