1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dallas Open Carry Guitar Rally

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by brokencode, May 2, 2015.

1. brokencode

brokencode Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Allen, TX
    Is anyone going to the Dallas Open Guitar Carry tomorrow? I have my rig ready to go.. Kala Sub and Danelectro HoneyTone. Sunny and 85 is the forecast.

search on FB Open Carry Guitar Rally II

A few post from the FB site "You have the right to wear your guitar proudly and unashamed. Join us on the Continental Bridge in Dallas, Texas again and show us your axe"

"Tomorrow, you will be standing upon the largest single performance stage in the City Of Dallas, possibly the State Of Texas, the Nation and the world. It's two thousand feet long, forty feet deep and over forty feet tall.
    Party on, Wayne and Garth"

"OK folks, here is the chord chart for Heroes. We've stripped it down to be as easy as it can be. 3 chords and the truth...We will have this available as a flyer at the rally.This is the Bowie song, but we're doing it more like the Wallflowers arrangement because it's more stripped down. We are planning on capping the evening with everyone playing and singing along. We want to fill the Dallas skyline with music!"

So.... see you on the bridge! I love to bump into a few TB'er.
    open%20carry_zpssmt04iff.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Keep up the good work! We've had a very negative response to open carry here in Lubbock from local law enforcement and citizens in general. Really hoping to see constitutional carry brought about.

Are you going to be open carrying anything else? :) Just make sure it isn't black or polymer. Remember, those are scary bad-guy guns and your not allowed to have them citizen!

3. brokencode

Aug 28, 2009
    Allen, TX
    Just GUITARS.... it's an Open Carry GUITAR rally.... Well, I'm also going to carry in open my little Danelectro Honeytone attached to my belt in the open.

4. Boom762

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Oh... with the open carry bills going back and forth the last few months I thought it was an open carry rally where they ALSO wanted you to bring instruments

5. EricssonB

EricssonB

Apr 5, 2011
    CoSpgs, CO.
    Loll, OP forgot to put "GUITAR" in the title.

Personally:
    PN1oFOT.

Boom762 likes this.
  6. Boom762

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    [​IMG]

Only thing I dont like about mine is it requires baggy shirts. Now that Im losing weight, Ive got all the baggy shirts I could ever need :)

EricssonB and TheBear like this.

7. That's a pretty cool little rig! How does it sound?

8. EricssonB

EricssonB

Apr 5, 2011
    CoSpgs, CO.

Almost pulled the trigger on getting an M&P, but while shopping around, heaven's light shone and angel voices sang unto me when I picked up the Springfield.

5'8", 145lbs and I can wear a tight shirt (while appendix-carrying wit a different holster). Aww yiss.

Boom762 likes this.
  9. Boom762

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I moved into the M&P from a Glock 35 "I didnt carry it of course". I think after shooting the Glock in pistol would have been liked. I love everything about a glock accept the way I shoot with it.

EricssonB likes this.
  10. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Yes! Do tell! I mean it's under $30...How well does it handle the bass? Could you use it in a quiet place to jam with an acoustic guitar?

11. brokencode

Aug 28, 2009
    Allen, TX
    The 2nd Open Carry GUITAR Rally packed an old bridge now a park over the Trinity River in Dallas. Right next to the beautiful Margaret Hunt Bridge! Quite a few bass players and a few TBer - if quite a few is less than 10 :)

No and No!!! It can't handle bass at all unless you like tons of distortion. hehe I was able to hear it better when I strapped it higher on my strap but still way too quiet. Next year I'll have something else. I had a few buds plug in guitars, worked okay for that.

You can see where I had the Honeytone hanging.... no good for bass though.

open%20guitar%20rally5_zpskt8mwvg0.

One of my friends brought his homemade gut bucket.

open%20carry%20guitar%207_zpsl3nepih4.

IMG_2692_zps4iwd3gp4.

IMG_2697_zpsrtdba9bp.

GregC likes this.
  12. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    Too bad about the amp but looks like you had a good time!

brokencode likes this.
  13. I'd like to see a lot more of THIS kind of "open carry". Safe, friendly and musical!

Gaolee, DiabolusInMusic and ptg like this.
  14. Boom762

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    You'd like Austin then. Every corner has someone playing on it any given night.

15. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    wish I had known about this, I would have been there.

16. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Nice... you can look good when you fire at somebody over a petty grievance at the bar! Nothing would make me feel more safe than being in a crowd of people openly carrying guns...

The guitar event looks like tons of fun OP... I really thought it was a gun nut party. How loud did the finale get?

17. EricssonB

EricssonB

Apr 5, 2011
    CoSpgs, CO.
    That would simply be irresponsible, not to mention it's a crime to be in possession of a firearm while intoxicated. Drawing a firearm should only be done while under immediate threat to life or household -- never recklessly. Only a fool would do otherwise, and I try my best to not be a fool. Firearm ownership is a great responsibility that's not ever to be taken lightly.

...but that's not to say that there aren't fools out there.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    Boom762 and 35hundy like this.
  18. Anachronism

Anachronism Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2014
    MO
    I'm sure that someone, somewhere has made a 10/22 stock from a guitar--be perfect for this.

Boom762 likes this.
  19. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

That looks like it was a complete blast. I have been known to carry a guitar, but I have always kept it in its case. Maybe it's time to get it out and carry it openly and proudly!

20. Austin definitely has its pluses. I spent 13 years in Texas and was overjoyed to escape. The current idiocy with conspiracy theorists and the Governor calling out the guard to watch the US military do what they do all the time is a prime example of why I'm happy to be gone.