Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dallas shops and clubs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by widefat, Aug 5, 2004.

1. widefat

widefat

May 2, 2004
    Tralfamadore
    I searched, didnt really find any info on this.....

I'll be spending a couple of weeks in Dallas. What are the good places for used gear?

What venues are good in the way of classic rock, Jazz, blues?

Any forumites have gigs in the area from 13-23 Sept?

TIA~~

2. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    The civilized half of the Metroplex is on the left side. Come out west to Fort Worth area. The best blues club is often J&J's Blues bar. Their are unfortunately no really really good jazz venues in the metroplex since Caravan of Dreams closed.

Okay maybe I'm a little bitter about that. Classic Rock places are plentiful and easy to find. Blues, less so. Jazz, less so still. *heavy sigh*

3. widefat

widefat

May 2, 2004
    Tralfamadore
    Thanks Bard :)

Anyone else?
    No bass players in Dallas?
    No good shops?

Based on the posts for DFW get togethers, surely some of you have info you could share.

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Larry Morgan music in Garland is a cool shop to check out some gear.

As for places to see bands, Muddy Waters is cool for some small bands, might check out the Gypsy Tea Room, or maybe if you looking for Jazz, Torelli's on Greenville, or Sambucca in Deep Ellum sometimes has some good jazz trios and stuff.

5. widefat

widefat

May 2, 2004
    Tralfamadore
    Larry Morgan music in Garland
    Muddy Waters
    Gypsy Tea Room
    Torelli's on Greenville
    Sambucca in Deep Ellum

Got em, thanks J! :)

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Muddy Waters is on Greenville too, and Gypsy Tea Room is in Deep Ellum (as though that needed to be said really hehe).

7. I'm attempting to book some shows in that area, the one club I'm attempting to contact is a place called Trees, and they do rock, so I'm assuming some of the classic variety is there.