1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dallas Tx Mesa dealer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RickenBoogie, Apr 29, 2009.

1. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    For the folks in the DFW area, Zoo Music is now a Mesa dealer. We haven't had one for over a year. The Garland location presently has both the M6 and M9, as well as a couple of Powerhouse cabs, 410, and 610. If anyone is interested, just thought I'd pass it along.

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Thanks RB. I've been thinking about heading down to Zoo Music in Garland, now I have good reason. IMO, it's probably the best shop in the Dallas area.

3. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Thanks for the heads up. There is definitely lots of opportunity in the Dallas market since Mr Morgan closed his doors...

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Larry has more than closed his doors. He passed away earlier this year and I miss both him and his shop. A fine man and a legend in the music store biz in Dallas. RIP Larry.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That's a shame, I didn't know. Did lots of business with them, until they closed down over a year ago.

6. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Yea, he had been in ill health for quite a while. Legend - good description. I used to spend most of the day Saturday at the old Arnold & Morgan when I was a kid.... a VERY long time ago!! He WILL be missed.

7. wnelson

wnelson

Aug 15, 2007
    dallas,tx
    thanks ricken,that is good news!!
    i been wanting to try the powerhouse cabs

yea i loved larry morgan's...that was my go-to shop for years.

the thing about zoo music though...i feel they are extremely over priced...i bought my fusion 550 amp from there...they were selling it at the msrp price of $1200...my dad runs ''the music store'' in plano and knows zoo's manager....and since he couldnt order the amp,he called zoo and got me a great deal on it.:D

i just alway see better deals elsewhere...however,i do appreciate the fact that they carry a few Zon basses among other really good basses....

when the hell are we gonna have a TB-dallas get together????:bassist:

8. Boogie.Man

Boogie.Man

Apr 9, 2009
    I had to order my WalkAbout Scout from Mesa's Hollywood store a little over three weeks ago. A local source would be nice. But you've got to be absolutely certain of what you buy at Zoo. There are no cash refunds. At least the Mesa Outlet had a five day cash refund policy.

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Zoo's price's are high, but I've been able to get some great deals from them, they will go down. And, trades are done fairly, unlike most music shops. I've done ALOT of trading with Dwayne at the Garland location. Very fair. A Dallas TB thing would be killer, I'm in.

10. soleil4716

soleil4716

Mar 11, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    I'm in for a Dallas TB.

11. wnelson

wnelson

Aug 15, 2007
    dallas,tx
    dwanye..thats the guy name ..been trying to remember since i posted on this thread..

i would totally host a TB dallas...however, i feel i dont have a big enough living room in my house to support it (or power supply,im only equp. with two-prog power outlets...no grounds!!...its an old house) .....any ideas on how to set up this TB meeting?

12. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Phil McNeese can be found at The Music Store in Garland these days. Great player and a great teacher. Terrific guy, too.

13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Well it's good to hear of a Mesa dealer.
    Sad to hear about Larry.
    Good to hear something of Phil (I wondered what he was up to).
    I bought my first pro level rig through him at Larry's store in about 2000.
    I live in North Ft Worth now so I don't know if I'll make it over that way.
    I have been wanting to check out the M9.