Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

damage to mah head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SRSiegel, Jan 29, 2003.

1. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    hey everyone, I apologize this is kind of a dumb question, but im no electrical engineer. I would do a search, but I am unsure of what string might come up with what i need.

anyways, I've got a new cab on the way (review will be posted on a Genz Benz 610T XB2) to replace my soft spoken 18(eminence)+210 (carvin) speakers. In the past I have clipped the amp, I have been a very bad man and overdriven the speakers. Theyre not shot, but I wouldnt be suprised If I have caused some damage to the 10's.

I'm probably just being paranoid, but assuming I clipped the amp enough to damage the 10s, should I expect any damage to the head as well? Thanks.

2. No

3. Nah,
    and if your speakers are working and they sound normal you most likely haven't done any damage to them either. The effects of clipping on speakers are greatly exaggerated.;)

4. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    thanks guys, i feel better now. this amp will be used to power the new cab in another post started by me.

"you want cake? i have delivery but i think it was prank caller"
    "no man, im good"
    "hooook peace out"