Dammit.....another bass is comin'! Ken Smith!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacochops, Nov 6, 2005.

1. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    ....not that it's a bad thing! :D
    I'm getting a Smith BSR J 4 string from Wilbyman in a trade deal...I've been begging him for a year to let me have it! It has:
    walnut center block
    avidore wings
    bubinga board
    Nordstrand SEs jazz pickups installed
    standard Smith appointments....3 band HazLab Smith pre, 3 piece maple neck, Smith case, polish and strap.

I might paint it hot pink...maybe Mary Kay pink...I dunno.... :D

Will (Wilbyman) is a GREAT guy to deal with, and is as honest as they come (for a lawyer... ;) ). A really nice guy who has great taste in basses! (Actually, I think we were seperated at birth....we have IDENTICAL taste in basses and both dig the exact same things about certain basses.....he even has a bass that I've had; his trusty R bass 33" scale).

Will, if you see this, and can post a pic or 2, please do!!

...lookin' forward to Friday...hubba hubba!
  2. *Obligatory post patting you on the back while secretly wanting to stab you in the gut*

Er, I mean, congrats! Have fun with your new bass!

3. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
  4. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Here are some funny pictures I found of this bass.

Right after we had the baby, my wife started using this sling called the Baby Bjorn. She would just strap the baby to her stomach and do laundry, whatever. I thought there might be another use for this thing...

Anyway, yeah, Matt and I have eerily similar tastes! Fortunately he's great to deal with AND custom orders killer stuff, saving me the agonizing lead times! This Smith is a special bass, glad somebody else will get to enjoy it.

edit: paint it and I might send Luca Brazi to eat your eyeballs!
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

hopefully, all those "basscentric vibrations" will help your baby grow to become the phenom in the footsteps of his pops. :bassist: :D
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    That's child abuse! Subjecting your kid to your bass playing while squashing the kid with the bass...shame on you!
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's too cute Wilby! I should have done that when my baby was little. It would have been a cute picture.
  8. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    This kid is going to play the vibes. She LOVES Stefon Harris. She can be screaming bloody murder, but throw in Stefon and she's good to go!
  9. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    did they make that sling just for players?!?!?!

That is a great pic, hope the Smith treats you well Matt!!