Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fleabass89, Apr 21, 2001.

1. A little while back, my bass started buzzing like crazy. So I raised the action. That helped, but it was too high to be playable if I got it high enough for no buzzing. The buzzing occurred down in the first few frets, so I loosened the truss rod a little. After that, it buzzed all over the neck, so I raised the strings. When I did that, It buzzed above the 12th frets for some odd reason. So I tightened the rod. Then when I did that, it buzzed in the first few frets, even if the action was high. I can't get it right, it's just annoying the hell out of me. Anyway, I'm probably going to the guitar shop now because I can't get it right. My dad's trying to tell me my strings are too thick (yeah right, they're .105). He loosened the neck like hell and now it buzzes even worse everywhere, especially above the 12th fret, and the action is high enough to make my hands hurt. AAARGH! My bass used to be fine, but just like 2 weeks ago it started going crazy. Probably the weather. Sorry for my ranting, please forgive me.