Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DAMMITRINGTONESDAMMIT!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    So, I sold out... got a cell phone... now I want Zappa's Peaches En Regalia to be my ring tone. This is very very very very important... very.

So how do I do it? I've got a Nokia Phone... 6101 I think. It's the one they had on the apprentice (my girlfriend thought that was funny... I don't... I instantly fired her from being my girlfriend).

Here's what I've been doing. Type in a website (on my phone in the downloads section) and downloading a midi. When it gets to my phone, it says "File Corrupted" I've tried it about six times... same results.

What do I have to do? Do I have to convert midi to something else or what? Heeeeellllllp... very important.

2. I'd recommend converting to Judaism.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

:hyper:

4. Will it do mp3 ringtones?

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

In your dreams pal...

... wait a minute... that was the problem in the first place.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yeah, but they are much shorter... and I used a Xingtone program and it put the ringtone online for me, but when I try to download it onto my phone it says, "No Gateway Reply"... not sure what that means...

7. I found this site that lets you upload the clip onto their site then it sends a text message to your phone. You go to the link in the text message and it downloads it to you. Heres the link. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Link

BTW, a good place to get a clip is the Walmart website. Just download the clip of the song you want then upload to the site I linked to.

They have links to where you can download the clips you want on there too, both mp3 and midi ones.

Dave

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It worked... and I found I don't have to enter the web address... but the file is once again corrupted... s;ldkfjsd;lfkjasd;lf

9. Where did you get the file from? It may be too big. I had big issues with that. If you get it off of Walmarts website (if you want mp3) then its the right size.

10. I checked and we have either the same phone or nearly identical ones. Mine is the 6102 so if it works on mine, logic says it should work on yours.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    To big!! That's probably it!! Jeez... simple enough, I'll try it out. You've been a big help... thanks dude.

12. No problem. If you want to, I found a midi version that will easily be the right size. Just right click and save target.

Link

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That was it... jeez... it's always the obvious thing. Thanks again!!

NOW my current ring tone is the main horn theme from "Why don't you eat carrots" by Faust.. I'm so Kraut rock. :D

Soon, Zappa will have his day! I gotta find out first how much I'm charged for my 20 attempts to have a ringtone. :help: :help: :crying: :D

14. Happy to be of service. Glad you didnt have to go through as much greif as I did trying to get mine to work. Took me forever to figure out what the heck was going wrong with it.

Yeah, I had some charges, but if you ahve messaging and internet access included in your plan, you wont be charged (I dont think). If not, its not that bad, just a couple of bucks probly.