damn, another one

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mike phillips, Mar 1, 2006.

1. yep, i woke with that some old pain in my side. no not sweetie. another kidney stone. everyone on daddys side of the family got em at an early age. daddy at 7 years old. i didnt get my first one till i hit 40. now its a regular thing. please make em stop.
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    maybe this one will support Denmark, too! :D
  3. I think this one is going to be a canadian.
  4. Good luck with your stone- if it's a nice one, maybe somebody will turn it into a rapidly spreading avatar.

I can only imagine how painful those are.
  5. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    We need more avatar options. Keep em comin. :p
  6. i aint never had a "nice" one yet. they all have felt like your bein crushed in a vise.
  7. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    but i bet when its over it feels good...
  8. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Man, the best advice I can give you is: Drink all the water you can. If you like beer, even better. That's why they take so long to get out of me, since I hardly drink water and I'm not into alcoholic beverages.

Anyway, don't forget this: That horrible pain only happens when the stone is in the upper part of your urether. When it goes down, the pain stops and it becomes more of an annoyance. It will go out as soon as it reaches the bladder.

What I use for relieving the pain is a shot of Ketoprophene. Putting a bag of hot water on the painful area also helps. Be strong, man.
  9. azsfcsh

May 31, 2005
    Gilbert Arizona
    Yea, kidney stones really suck. I have had 2 in the last couple of years, but luckly i havent had one in about a year. My first one was when i was like 14 or 15. Im 17 right now, so i can probably guess that i will get another one sometime in my life. Ive also read somewhere that once you get a kidney stone, it is more common for you to get another one after that.
  10. i never heard of a person who only had one kidney stone. most folks who have had em had several after. i drink alot of water about two gallons a day. now heres the strange part i dont pee alot. five times would be alot for me. where does all that water go? i couldnt drink a beer if you hit me over the head with a keg, repeatedly. just dont like the taste. my stone dr. says water with lemon and cranberry juice is good, but again i dont like the taste. ive tried and i cant get it down. if only pepsi was a cure all. thanks for all yalls replys.
  11. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    I've had two - the first was absolutely killer, the second not too bad. I've heard that the only thing comparable to the pain is giving birth.

Have they analyzed it yet? Mine are calcium oxalate caused logically enough by my eating a lot of foods rich in calcium and oxalate. My stone doc nearly keeled over when I told him I used to eat a huge spinach, sausage and cheese calzone for lunch about once a week - might as well just call it a kidney stone special. I changed my diet a bit and have pretty much cut out or severely limited the real high oxalate items (spinach, nuts, chocolate). Also drinking more water. Doc has me on Hydrochorothorazide which is usually used for high blood pressure but somehow lowers the amount of calcium I create.
  12. nuts and chocolate. what about my snickers bars
  13. yes mine are the same cal-ox as you describe. sweet tea is spose to cause them as well. how is a southern boy to keep away from sweet tea. pepsi and sweet tea only one on sunday. god i look forward to sunday.
  14. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Used to eat my share of Snickers, now I may eat some chocolate or a few nuts every now and then. I do miss it a bit, but those foods seem to taste better now that I am not stuffing myself silly.

I loved spinach and I used to buy 1-pound bags of shelled cashews at Trader Joes and those giant bags of salted peanuts in the shell at BJ's - the cashews would last me a day or two; the peanuts maybe a week. Of course, that was part of the reason I got up over 250 pounds. Once I came to the realization that I could control certain foods, I made the next leap to controlling all food and lost a fair amount of weight as well.
  15. good for you on the weight loss. i lost 50 by cuttin down on portions and only 1 pepsi on sunday. i know what yer talkin about with cashews and peanuts. i love my boiled peanuts but only get a sack every once in a while. today no pain but i didnt pass it either. thanks for all yalls advice.
  16. This one is going to be Chinese. Damn communist kidney stones!
  17. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Communist, yeah right :D
  18. :eyebrow:

What an idiot. :rollno:

:p :p :p :p :p