1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Damn boys it's good to be back at it again!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Doug White, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Doug White

Doug White

Dec 12, 2006
    Midland, TX
    Hello to everyone from Midland, TX!
    I've played guitar, bass, 5 string banjo, and some fiddle since I was a kid, been on the road with different bands over the years, and played venues from roadside beer joints to coliseums. 17 years ago I went thru the selling all the gear off and getting a "real" job but have always had that itch to play again. Well about a month ago, I got a phone call from I helluva guitar player I played with in a band that I can honestly say was the best times of my life except for the times I've made with my wonderful wife. Seems he was still at it doing weekend gigs after finally getting my number, asked if I ever played anymore because he needed a bass player he could rely on.

Anyway to make a long story short, this old fart has gotten bit by the bug again. I'm getting my chops back, bought some new gear, but stuck with what a relied on years ago. Peavey, Fender, and the good old brands.

A month ago I didn't have any gear but my 32 year old Aria 5 string banjo and a new Takamine that my wife bought me after my 1973 Gibson Hummingbird Custom was stolen. Now I have a Peavey Max 115 amp, Fender Jazz Bass, Ibanez bass, and I just picked up a vintage Peavey Foundation (played one just like it 20 years ago) that looks like it's been dragged behind a truck. It's my refurbish project now. Damn boys it's good to be back at it again!

2. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Wow.... Midland huh? Not to far from Big spring, Welcome back brother!