Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Damn! Carvin broke my neck! Now Warwick...(urgent)!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Domino, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    I was supposed to get my Carvin LB-70 bass tomorrow February 6th! After repeated phone calls to Carvin with no response to check and see if I was on track, Carvin calls me up at 5:30pm the day before and tells me they have broken the neck on the bass and they will have to build me another one, which will take at least another month. I have already waited for 3 months! DAMN! My band has a huge gig this Friday and I wanted my new bass for it!

I am so frustrated right now. I've been eyeing the Warwick Corvette Proline's lately. DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANY DEALER IN THE COUNTRY THAT HAS THIS BASS IN STOCK? They are new to the USA and I can't find them anywhere. I want it by Friday!

So frustrated at Carvin right now.

2. That's a bummer man...wish I could help you out...but where I live (New Hampshire) there ain't shxt for music dealers. You should tell them to give you some kind of discount or throw in some free shxt for taking so damn long :)

3. Register_To_Disable

4. You might be able to get one of the basses from Carvin's stock of already made basses to play until your bass is built. Call them and they should be able to get you a bass by Friday if you work something out tommorrow, You can check on line for basses in stock and be sure to call in early.

5. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    Interesting thought. But ya know, at this point I'm not too impressed with Carvin. I've called them repeatably and left messages for my sales guy and NOT ONCE had a call back. When I talk to other sales people none of them ever give me any straight answers, then I get a call the night before my bass is supposed to arrive and they said they broke it and it'll be at least another month when I have a major show this friday. Very much not impressed at all.

I think they've lost my business unless they come up with some deal that I just can't pass up on. Those new Warwick Corvette Proline's are looking pretty good right now. Maybe down the road I'll give Carvin another chance when I decide to make the jump to a 5-string...

6. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    I've had good experiences with Carvin, but given your story, I think I'd walk away unless you know FOR CERTAIN that you're going to love the Carvin. The resale issue for Carvins doesn't bother me; it's the fact that I've never had the chance to play one. If you like the Warwick, go for it. What are you playing now? What's your Carvin SUPPOSED to be?

7. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    Yeah I hear ya Jazzbassman. I mean over a 4 month wait for a bass that I don't even know if I'm gonna like is rediculous. I've played several Warwicks, and I only like the Streamer and Corvette models. The Corvette Proline is now available in the US, which comes with a lighter flamed maple wood and looks and feels tons better than the regular Bubinga. Plus has active pickups and a slew of other options....I think I'm gonna order one seeing how I like the other Warwicks I played...and a lighter wood with active pickups could only make it better...

8. FuegodeX

FuegodeX

Sep 16, 2000
    yo i saw a corvette proline on ebay for sale go check it out.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    There were a bunch of Warwicks at the local GC here in Rockville, Md...didn't notice what models.

10. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    OK. New question. I emailed that guy on ebay with the Corvette Proline. It was made in 96. Does that mean this was a german-sold instrument and shipped back to the US somehow? Also, has the Corvette Proline undergone any changes since 1996?

11. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey man i have been playing wariwck for some time now!I have a older model corvette pro-line!Dude dont mess around with that carvin crap get the warwick!Yes they have had a few changes but nothing big!Actually i really like the older ones better because they have the adjusting nutts at the head!I play alot of funk and like my setting very very low to the fretts well you cant do that on all basses but that warwick you can make it real low at the bridge untill it hits the fretts then go up top and adjust the head!Its awsome!See if it has the mec pickups iam sure it does but those are very awsome!As far as a new bass go to http://www.warwickbass.com and you can do a search on there for new dealers!If you have any more questions of the older warwicks just e-mail me at bassplayer81@hotmail.com

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Contact the guys at Bass Central (Beaver Felton, Mark Kring or Grasshopper). They're a Warwick dealer, and I'm sure they'll give you a more than great deal, plus they can ship overnight if you gotta have it NOW. I'm just a satisfied customer, tryin' to help ya out...

1-800-545-8813 or http://www.basscentral.com

[Edited by Gard on 02-06-2001 at 02:08 AM]

13. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    This is the true test of any dealer or bassmaker. Anyone can satisfy a customer when everything goes right.

But what do you do when something goes wrong? Carvin ought to be falling all over themselves to make this right, but it sounds like they're botching it.

As a Carvin player (and the friend of someone who just ordered a custom Carvin LB75P), I'd be very curious to hear how this turns out.

They broke the neck? Good heavens, what were they doing to it?

14. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    Carvin was supposed to call me this morning with my options. I did not receive a phone call. I had to call and get placed on hold and transferred 4 times until I finally asked to speak to the manager of my sales person since I had NOT ONCE received a call back from him.

Well then after I mentioned that I finally got through to him. He said he would offer to upgrade me to the new P-Series bass at no extra charge for the messup (a savings of about $100 bucks after the HB2 and Rounded Body differences are figured in), I told him I would think about it and call him back.

I then went to my local Warwick dealer, Rainbow Music in Grand Rapids Michigan, played a few of them, absolutely loved them. I told the manager of the store my dilemma, he said he would sell me a new Corvette Proline for $1170 with bag, which is better than the $1259 that Bass Central was quoting, AND he said if I don't like it I can return it...he then got on the phone with Dana B Goods and they are drop shipping me out of Warwick Corvette Proline in Burgandy Red directly to my house, this is most likely one that was displayed at the NAMM show because they are not being shipped yet in the US. I will have it by FRIDAY for my big show this weekend!

Carvin messed this one up with me. Maybe I'll consider them again if I decided to get a 5-string down the road. My 5-string debate is between a G&L L-2500 and a Carvin LB-75. But that's way down the road.

For now, I'm just going to focus on playing the hell out of my new Warwick.

15. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Wow, after being treated like that, I think
    you are generous to even consider dealing with
    them again. I don't think I would unless they
    offered a product that I couldn't live without.
    I think I can live without Carvin products,
    although they're nice.

http://www.bassnw.com has an extensive selection of
    G&L 2500's when the time comes.