1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Damn cat.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Nov 21, 2006.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    She peed on my bed. :spit:

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Pee on her bed!

3. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Damn....good luck on getting the smell out :p

4. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mine's currently passive/agressively trying to claw the grill cloth off of my Ampeg. He only does it when he knows I'm fed up with him.

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Take her to a vet. She may have a urinary tract infection or some other problem, if she's a mature cat.

6. Big deal. Mine peed on ME. :spit: Twice. :spit: :spit: This was over 10 years ago, yes she's still alive, but she's an outside kitty now. :scowl:

7. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    No, she wanted out, but it was late so i took her up to my bed cause i was going to bed. I sleep with my cats. :ninja: Well i fell asleep and she got mad and pissed on my bed. Luckily I had my matress cover so it was all ok. :D

8. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Well, that a whole different ball of yarn.

I agree...pee in her bed:D

9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    My cat just got done exhibiting the physical traits of being in heat. She was peeing in our bathroom sink...better than on the bed I suppose :)

10. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    My method for breaking cats of this stuff...

1) Grab cat. Do not act agressive, angry, or yell at them. Just quietly walk up and get them.

2) Go to bed and shove the cats face firmly into the urine spot. Now you yell. At the top of your lungs, as if you have just metamorpisized into a rabid cave man. Words like no and bad cat work fine. So do words lasagna, rotary engine, and supercalifragilisticexpialadocious. Cats seem to pick up on tone and body language and not actual words spoken. Don't actually physically hit cat.

3) Take cat to nearest wall hold them against the wall and yell again. Point is to make them feel trapped. Don't slam them against the wall, or crush them. Just hold them there.

4) Since your cat now has a urine soaked face, take said cat to the nearest sink. Start a trickle (and just a trickle) of cold water. Hold cats face under the trickle to wash off the urine. Don't yell. The cat will be unhappy enough without any yelling on your part. You are back in calm mode as in step one now. Care should be taken that the cat can breathe at all times. Don't drown the kitty, wash the kitty.

5) Place cat in the litter box. Keep the cat in the litterbox and pet it for ten to fifteen minutes. This calms the most likely upset feline down, and lets it know that the litterbox is a safe area. Don't let the cat leave the litterbox for at least ten minutes. If the cat uses all the great outdoors as its litterbox, then place cat just outside the door.

Sounds a little extreme, but I have never had to use this tactic more than twice on any cat before I made my point and the unauthorized peeing stopped. I've had people say this procedure seems a little cruel, but at no point do I strike the animal. The cat is never harmed, just frightened.

PETA fanatics flame away...

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Did you miss the part where he said "he wanted out, but I didn't let him"? It's not the cat's fault, buddy.

12. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

If you're dealing with a mature animal that has been properly housebroken it is unlikely that getting angry and yelling at the animal is going to do anything. Heck, it's unlikely to work with a young animal (and certainly not the preferred training method).

And just because you aren't hitting an animal doesn't mean that you aren't being cruel. People seem to think that when an animal pees somewhere that they don't want that the animal has been bad. In almost all cases either the animal doesn't know any better (wasn't trained properly) or like this case, had to go and was trapped without a place to do it.

Anyway, it seems like the source of the problem has already been revealed. The only time either of my cats peed outside of their litter was when I had just gotten a new bag of litter and still had the empty bag in the house. The kitten climbed inside, seemingly recognized the smell, and peed. It soaked through the bag. I learned better than to leave an empty litter bag around for very long.

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Same with my dog. Mom had to go somewhere and left him inside. I came home late from school and found a surprise next do the door to the backyard.

Do I really have to tell him it's bad? He cowered when I walked in the door. He knew what he did was wrong. He couldn't help it.

14. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    It works so, as far as I am concerned, it is the prefered method. It does work, and at no point am I angry.

Watch cats and how they behave towards each other. Both cats and dogs communicate differently with each other than people do. It's a cat. You need to communicate with it as another animal would.

15. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    That's cruel. Who says that cats have the cognative ability to put two and two together concerning peeing and then being later punished for it? I can only conceive of that working if you catch your cat in the act so it knows exactly why it's being punished. Even then...damn. I'm suprised your cats haven't turned into neurotic basketcases.

Duo, next time listen to your car...or put a litter box in your room so your cat doesn't have to say "I told you so" by pissing on your bed.

16. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Everyone of my cats has seemed to cognatively put together two and two and stop peeing outside the litterbox using this method.

17. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    It's still excessive.

18. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    My door was open. And the door to the room with the litterbox was open. All she had to do was get off the bed and go to the litterbox and use it. I'm not mad at her though. I should've realized she wanted out, but I just didn't. I'm not sure why. Maybe cause i was tired. But when i started thinking about it the day afterwards i remembered her on the window sill meowing really loudly. Without offending anyone, I truely believe this cat is ********. Seriosly. She's just so... weird. And acts really strange. She's not like any cat I've ever seen. She scratches herself all the time. She doesn't have fleas though, she just scratches herself. Its so bad that she has sores all over her neck. I've tried to get her to stop but she just won't. And she constantly meows. Even when I pet her and give her all the attention she could ever want. All I hear is meowing. Our doctor told us she was allergic to plastic and grass, so we kept her inside and let her eat out of glass bowls. But she just kept scratching herself. Then we decided to just let her out cause she acted so hyper and spaced out. She was gone for about 3 days and came back and her neck had healed a little and she was just a tad bit calmer. But then she got back like she was. But she just went out again so maybe it will do her some good. I don't think she's allergic to plastic or grass though. I just think she has ADD maybe? I don't know. But she's cat number 6 out of 7. :p We're cat people!

Well, I think using every single one of those steps is a little excessive. I don't see any need for the trapping the cat against the wall. And except for the sticking the nose in the urine part i think the cat needs to be constantly stroked and loved. But no I don't think its cruel. And I wouldn't just do it the first time it happened. I would if it continued though. I would take it to the vet first. But if it appeared to just have a whim to start peeing at random places the I think this is a pretty good method.

19. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Have you had your cat checked to see is she has mites?

20. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I love cats. We haven't had any problems with them peeing, but we sure as heck can't keep them off of the counter top in the kitchen.