1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Damn FedEx

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by beggar98, Jun 7, 2007.

1. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    So, I ordered a Bypass Loop with Blend from Pedals Ahoy awhile back. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I was home all day (work from home), and never heard a knock at my door. This morning, I check the tracking info on FedEx.com and it says the package was left at my front door at 8:41pm. First of all, I was home at 8:41. I know this because I was watching the episode of The Sopranos that I had missed. Second, I left at 9:45 to go get ice cream for me and my girlfriend. There was no knock at the door at 8:41, and no package sitting there when I left at 9:45. I called FedEx today and they said they would put a trace on the package, but whereas the sender didn't buy any insurance and didn't require a signature, am I going to end up SOL? And should the seller send me a new pedal? Your thoughts are appreciated.

2. Fedex likes to play with people's emotions sometimes. It's not the sellers fault. Fedex makes it possible to pick up the package from their physical location, usually past 5pm when their drivers generally stop delivering. Just go grab it yourself and stop leaving it up to some lazy delivery man that has about 1000 stops to go to over the course of 8 hours and doesn't want to spend more than 1.4 seconds waiting at your door.

This has happened to me before as well, if you couldn't tell.

Good luck

3. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Sorry to hear about that! I absolutely REFUSE to use Fedex anymore! They've damaged an amp I had shipped (SVTII Pro) and also a bass that was shipped to me (Fender P). I swear they play soccer with your s**t after you sign the papers and pay them!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021