Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Damn I'm proud of myself

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gunnar Þór, Mar 22, 2002.

1. I just learned Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog". Okay, what's so special about that you say. Well I learned it from this:

[​IMG]

:D :D :D

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Well done, i just wish i could have learnt it from that instead of tabs...:rolleyes:

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations, Gunnar! Are you an experienced sight reader, or just learning?

5. Takk! :)

Hey mama! :D

Just started learning to read around a month ago. It's coming, but it's going slow.

I have a band audition coming up this weekend or in the next week, and I need to get into that band, so I'm learning all the riffs and licks I never bothered to learn before to take to the audition. Why do I need to get into the band? Because if I don't I'll have to be in a Nu-Metal cover band with my friend and I'm too chicken to tell him that I hate Nu-Metal. :rolleyes:

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Congrats! Led Zep are cool.

7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Congrats!!!

I really have got to start spending some time learning notation!

8. Well done, its a useful skill to have. Athough I just tried to sight read it there and it took me a good five minutes, so I guess I need to practice as well.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, congratulations, man! Good work.:cool: