1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Damn my Back.........Warwick content!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Jan 21, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I haven't gigged in 4 years, and when I did I was a Fender Jazz guy. Well, since then I traded off the Jazz and got a Warwick. I LOVE the sound it has. I have seen all the threads about Warwicks being back breakers, but I just thought ya'll were being little wusses:p I felt fine doing practice all night with it, mine you we take frequent breaks, so I didn't get it. Well, last night was my new bands first gig. I did two 2 hour sets...........full on jumping around and jamming. My back was sore after the show, but this morning!!!!!!!!! DAMN I'M STIFF!!! I had noticed the weight and my back during the 2nd set, and I must say I now know what ya'll mean. I guess I'm gonna have to sell or trade the old ABG for a much lighter 2nd bass to give my back a break:)

2. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Try a Neotech strap. I had serious nerve compression problems after 3-set shows with my TRB5, and switching to the Neotech solved the problem completely. It's a neoprene-structured strap that offers just the slightest bit of stretchy give - not enough to make your bass bounce around uncontrollably, but enough to keep the shoulder abuse to a minimum.

3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I'll check that out:) I can't be getting injured on the weekends. That'll effect the ol' 9 to 5:p That is until I'm a rock star..............lol!!!!!!!