Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Damn my Back.........Warwick content!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Jan 21, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I haven't gigged in 4 years, and when I did I was a Fender Jazz guy. Well, since then I traded off the Jazz and got a Warwick. I LOVE the sound it has. I have seen all the threads about Warwicks being back breakers, but I just thought ya'll were being little wusses:p I felt fine doing practice all night with it, mine you we take frequent breaks, so I didn't get it. Well, last night was my new bands first gig. I did two 2 hour sets...........full on jumping around and jamming. My back was sore after the show, but this morning!!!!!!!!! DAMN I'M STIFF!!! I had noticed the weight and my back during the 2nd set, and I must say I now know what ya'll mean. I guess I'm gonna have to sell or trade the old ABG for a much lighter 2nd bass to give my back a break:)

2. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Try a Neotech strap. I had serious nerve compression problems after 3-set shows with my TRB5, and switching to the Neotech solved the problem completely. It's a neoprene-structured strap that offers just the slightest bit of stretchy give - not enough to make your bass bounce around uncontrollably, but enough to keep the shoulder abuse to a minimum.

3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I'll check that out:) I can't be getting injured on the weekends. That'll effect the ol' 9 to 5:p That is until I'm a rock star..............lol!!!!!!!