Damn nice on ebay!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
  2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Wow. A CT!

CT's are cool!

Looks like I really contributed a lot to this thread!
  3. what i dont get is why people put their basses on grass, dirt, rocks, etc., or lean them up against abrasive walls like brick to photograph them. Aren't these prime conditions to damage the bass? anyways, it's pretty...pretty grassy
  4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    5100 bucks and reserve not met? I can get bunches of great basses for that price...
  5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    it took 3 years to build?

that show how much he puts into his basses but....he must have been on and off alot..like one or two days a month

6. the only thing i dont like bout em is the upper horn. and the knobs on that one look kinda meh too imo

anyone know if this is the standard price for one of these?
  7. damn, thats bass is a beaut. hell of a good price too
  8. yes, but are they carl thompsons, or the same quality and craftsmanship........though i have heard that CT basses are a little over priced
  9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Dont you find it funny there isnt a single serial number or a shot of the front of the headstock.
  10. The serial can be seen on the back of the headstock (reads 53003)
  11. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah man, I don't get that either. Why don't they just put it on their carpet or something infront of a fire :D;)
  12. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i sure benevete (spelling) f-bass, mtds...foderas are just as nice....and o alembics..im sure theres much more....but alembics are around the same price..lol

13. Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    $5100 bucks!

***?! $5100 for that? nice looking but what on earth?
    whats it made of?.. solid gold with mother of pearl inlays and a titanium truss rod?

i could get a Sadowsky and a warwick and still have money left

rip off

my 2 cents
  14. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Same for me. I'd never spend 5 grands for a CT.
    There are so many excellent basses at much more reasonable prices...
  15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Not very pretty. And I wouldn't say that's a good price for this particular CT.
  16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Because they think they make nice backdrops. Take into consideration what you don't see in the pics, like anything that keeps the instrument from actually touching the hard surfaces. Grass rarely causes damage IME.

Basically if you're careful there's very little risk.